Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2005, 04:59 PM
mary228

Default Theme Nights on the Star - mexican riviera itinerary

On some of the RCL cruises I've taken, there were theme nights, like 50's or disco and it can be fun to have some special clothes to wear to the events on those nights. Can anyone comment on the Star? Or NCL in general?
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2005, 07:40 PM
immargaret

Default Re: Theme Nights on the Star - mexican riviera itinerary

There were theme nights on the STAR in April on the Mexican Riviera cruise. One night there was a New Years Eve Party, 70's and 80's Night Funkalicious Groove Party, Mexican Party, 50's and 60's sock hop, Vegas night (even Elvis attended this one)/ Irish Pub night. I'm sure there were other themes that I can't remember after a few to many drinks...

I really didn't see any passengers dressed up for the theme nights, but I agree it would be a fun thing to do.
Old July 30th, 2005, 03:48 PM
mary228

I guess I'm so dorky that I'd even think of this! But when we did dress up a bit for the 50's night, meaning we rolled up white t-shirts and our jeans and wore white socks, we did get more attention from the cruise staff in so far as being filmed, making it into the finals in the twist contest, etc.

Sounds like a very fun cruise!
Old July 30th, 2005, 06:00 PM
immargaret

I loved the mexican riviera cruise so much were going again in FEB. 06
Old August 3rd, 2005, 07:59 PM
PaulS

Hi,

I traveled on the NCL - Star in May 2005 to Alaska and there was no theme nights on this cruise, it's pretty much wear what you wanna wear. If you'd like more info about the ship, let me know. Good luck.

Paul