CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Overnight cruise on the Dawn in October (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/220303-overnight-cruise-dawn-october.html)

Angela Blake August 20th, 2005 07:01 PM

Overnight cruise on the Dawn in October

Just wondering if anyone has done one of NCL's overnight cruises to nowhere. They are offering one the last weekend in October on the Dawn. Is it worth it and what kind of activities/special events do they offer? We have cruised on the Dawn this year for their Florida/Bahamas cruise but never tried an overnight or weekend cruise. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Angela

RP August 21st, 2005 02:25 PM

Re: Overnight cruise on the Dawn in October

I was wondering the same thing...we crusied on the Dawn this year too... the week of June 26th

Is anyone going on this over nighter?

teacherone August 21st, 2005 04:03 PM

I just booked this cruise. I asked about dinner and shows and was told that it would be the same as usual (times, seating, etc.)

Angela Blake August 21st, 2005 04:39 PM

Re: Re: Overnight cruise on the Dawn in October

How funny! We were on the June 26th cruise as well; the one that missed the Nassau port. We were quite disappointed about that as that was our first cruise ever. We are seriously considering booking this cruise and taking along my parents who have never been on a cruise before. Seems like a good introduction for them. What were your impressions of the Dawn? Are you thinking about taking this overnight cruise?

Angela

teacherone August 21st, 2005 05:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: Overnight cruise on the Dawn in October

We were on the Dawn June 27 '04 and had a great time. Our best friends are coming on the one night cruise with us. It will be their first time on a cruise ship. We're hoping that they'll be impressed enough to want to join us on a 7 day trip next year!

Angela Blake August 21st, 2005 05:44 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Overnight cruise on the Dawn in October

Teacher One:

Would you mind emailing me where you booked the cruise and what the rate was?
Thanks!
By the way, I assume you are a teacher. What and where do you teach. I am actually a school psychologist!

Angela

Bruce MurrayOnHawaii.com August 22nd, 2005 01:59 PM

Aloha From Honolulu,

I've been on two NCL overnight cruises to nowhere here in Hawaii, one on the ALOHA in July of last year and just last month on the AMERICA. Both of these cruises were charitable fundraisers each raising over $400,000 for local Hawaiian charities.

They can be alot of fun. The biggest let down was that we only got 3 meals. Especially with the Freestyle dinning set-up and the variety of available restaurants, you feel like your missing out. If it is a single main dinning room arrangement that wouldn't be an issue.

I enjoy Weekend cruises much more, you get a chance to settle in and relax. I've done Carnival's weekend / 3 day cruises out of Long Beach to Baja Mexico and they are a lot of fun.

Bruce

Glenn Comunale August 22nd, 2005 04:52 PM

Hello everyone! We too were on the Dawn's june 26th cruise. Now my wife want to go on this overnighter for my birthday.The ship leaves at 5PM and returns at 7AM next morning.Do you think Breakfast is included? Five hundred seems alot of money for one night., and will all the restaurants be open? Remember what happen to the Dawn"s mother"s day cruise to nowhere!

Angela Blake August 22nd, 2005 05:15 PM

Hi Glenn:

What happened on the Mother's Day cruise? My husband just booked this cruise today for us and for my parents. Yes, it is a lot of money. I am hoping they do include breakfast and I also hope you can get on the ship earlier than 5pm. My husband's birthday is the 24th of October. My parents have never been on a cruise ship before (the June 26th cruise was our first time) and I know my dad will love it. They would never do anything like this without our help so it's also kind of a gift for them. Let me know if you decide to go for it.

Angela

Glenn Comunale August 23rd, 2005 04:55 PM

Hello Angela: Sounds like a wonderful gift . If we went maybe we could all have a drink somewhere on board. My birthday is Nov. 4. so my wife still pushing to go. To answer your question the Dawn had a one day Mother's day cruise just like this one . The ship was late comming into port and the cruise was cancelled! that day. If you can get on the ship for lunch and get breakfast included, three meals plus the ship -not bad I'am packing HaHa.

Angela Blake August 23rd, 2005 05:24 PM

Glenn:

Keep me updated if you decide to go!

Angela