Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Dallas22

Default Carnival Fascination Information

My wife and I are planning on giving my 25 year old niece and her 27 year old (new husband) a 5 day trip to Mexico as a wedding gift. We are looking at the Carnival Fascination in January.

We have not been on a Carnival ship since 1992. We stick to HAL, NCL, and Celebrity which I donít think are the best for the 25+ crowd. Can anybody give us the scoop on the current Carnival ships and the Fascination?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2005, 03:59 PM
American Pride

Default Re: Carnival Fascination Information

They probably could give you info if you went to the Carnival board.
Old September 9th, 2005, 07:12 PM
sbloop

Default Re: Carnival Fascination Information

I have been on many of the Carnival ships in my "younger" days - always seemed to be more of the less experienced and more easily amused variety of cruisers. Fun, but can be weary after a while. The last time I was on the Fascination it appeared to me that the ship was due for a renovation...carpets are worn, decor very faded and overall very tired looking. The thing is it is so reasonable! You may give on quality of the "ride" for the excitement of the ports! You are awesome for thinking of a gift of this magnitude! Smooth sailings to you, sbloop
Old September 10th, 2005, 07:53 AM
emmjay

Default Re: Re: Carnival Fascination Information

I would look into other options; I was on the fascination about 9 months ago and would never cruise this ship or the others in the same catagory, or recommend it to anyone. The decor was either romper room or peewees playhouse, not only were the carpets worn and shabby, but there was a noticeable moldy, mildewy smell on some of the decks. Also, we had a brief shower that left standing water on the pool deck, which was not mopped up hours later and I saw a couple of people slip/trip. There are so many other options out there, my advice is to do some research and stay away from this one.
Old October 5th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Beginner

Our very first cruise was on Fascination, nice ship and we had lots of fun