Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2005, 10:42 PM
First Mate

Default NCL's advance online registration

I am booked on the 3/12/06 Spirit cruise to Florida and the Bahamas. I went to do the advance online registration and its not giving me an option for documentation...its making me choose passport, which I don't have. The new law where you need a passport to travel to and from the Caribbean from the US, which was supposed to go into effect on 12/31/05, has now been pushed to 12/31/06.

Any thoughs on why NCL is doing this? Anyone else encounter this?
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2005, 08:47 AM
emmjay

Default Re: NCL's advance online registration

NCL is really making a strong effort to "get the word out" regarding upcoming passport requirement and in my opinion, is doing their part to help those without passports to get them now for future use. You are going to need a passport anyway, for all travel in the future so why not just get one now so you're all set and don't need to deal with it later on?
Old September 12th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Familiar Face

I just registered online for two of my fellow cruisers and had no problem selecting State issued Birth Certificate.
Old September 29th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Passenger

There are several different options for ID/registration. Make sure you choose the correct option. There are, for example cruises in Hawaii that req. passports and some that do not (vancouver/ensenada). Most Hawaii sailings DO req. them, and you have to make sure to click on the right option.

Shellyjean
Old October 5th, 2005, 08:41 PM
First Mate

Thanks for your help everyone. I'm going to try it again and see what happens.
Old October 11th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Passenger

Default NCL advance registration

My sister and I sailed in May and had difficulty registering as it changed all the members of our party's info when one of us tried to register. After several phone calls, the customer service rep at NCL finally fixed the problem. We are sailing again in Dec. on the Dawn and it is happening again. Luckily this time it only took one phone call. I would recommend you call the 800 number and have them fix it for you. Why mess around?
Old October 13th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Captain

Default Re: NCL advance registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickie19020
My sister and I sailed in May and had difficulty registering as it changed all the members of our party's info when one of us tried to register. After several phone calls, the customer service rep at NCL finally fixed the problem. We are sailing again in Dec. on the Dawn and it is happening again. Luckily this time it only took one phone call. I would recommend you call the 800 number and have them fix it for you. Why mess around?
Had the same problem. It can be prevented when you book. The booking was made as a "household" so when one person changes an address all the passegers addresses change. Make sure when booked they are not linked.
Old October 13th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Passenger

Shoreguy,
Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to remember next time we book.
Thanks,
Jen