The link above has a couple of pictures. Not great, but gives you a basic idea.
Barbours Cut Terminal
820 North L St.
Morgan's Point, Texas 77572
You may purchase a transfer option from the cruise line. More information on the transfer option is further down this page.
Other transportation options are to:
• rent a car and park it at the terminal for $7/day; no rental car facilities are available at the cruise terminal.
• hire a taxi or shuttle van. For more information on finding a cab and for rates, check out Houston's official visitors' website. Another resource is the Houston 24 Hour Airport Taxi & Town Car serrvice:http://www.24hrairporttaxi.com
From downtown: Take I-45 south to 610 north, continue to 225 east. Turn on 146 south to Barbours Cut Boulevard and turn left. Drive three miles.
From Baytown: Take 146 south, cross the Fred Hartman Bridge and continue to Barbours Cut Boulevard, turn left. Drive three miles.
From Galveston: Take I-45 north to 146 north. Continue to Barbours Cut Boulevard and turn right. Drive three miles.
The cruise terminal is located near LaPorte, which has several new hotels:
Best Western Hotel – 281-471-4040
Comfort Suites – 281-471-5555
Fairway Inn -- 281-470-2800
La Quinta Inn – 281-470-0760 or 800-531-5900
Garden Suites -- 281-867-9944
Bush Intercontinental Airport
Distance: 40 miles
Travel Time: Approx. 45 minutes
William P. Hobby Airport
Distance: 20 miles
Travel Time: Approx. 25 minutes
For more information, visit the Houston Airport System Web site at http://www.houstonairportsystem.org
Outdoor parking facilities operated by the Port of Houston Authority are available at the pier. 24-hour security is provided, and the facility is secured for the duration of the cruise.
$7 per day for long-term parking (duration of the cruise)
$3 per day for short-term parking (less than 24 hours)
Parking fees must be paid with cash or travelers' checks.
The parking lot is very close to the terminal. Drive to the front of the terminal and drop off your baggage. Porters will meet you and help with the baggage, then you drive to parking booth, pay the $49 week parking fee then walk to terminal and check-in at registration counter. At that point, you will receive a boarding pass, enter walk-through scanners and X-ray, then walk to the ship. If you can't walk, someone will push you in a wheelchair.
Neither the cruise line nor the Port of Houston Authority is responsible for any damages or losses occasioned from the use of these facilities.
For additional information regarding the parking facilities, you can email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
All transportation between airport and pier or hotel (if applicable) is provided to air/sea passengers arriving on pre-designated air/sea flights. If you have arranged for your own air tickets, transfers are not complimentary or included.
Air/Sea Passengers Arriving the Day of Sailing:
• Lock all suitcases securely.
• Make sure your ship luggage tags are completed and placed on your luggage before you leave home.
• If you have not been assigned a cabin number, simply mark TBA (to be assigned) and the manifest will be checked for the proper cabin number.
• Please hand carry your tickets, passports, medication, jewelry, cameras and all items of a valuable or fragile nature.
A uniformed representative will meet air/sea passengers in the baggage claim area. You will need to claim your luggage and your representative will direct you to transportation service for transfer to the ship or hotel (if applicable). Porter service is available if desired. Gratuities are the passenger's responsibility. [/img]