Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Beginner

Default Service worse on repositioning cruises?

We are cruising from Vancouver BC to LA on the Sun in a few days, we sailed on Holland a few years back and the service was deplorable. We were told that it was possible this may have been because it was a repositioning cruise and, for whatever reason, the staff just didn't seem to care. Any experiences?
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I did a repositioning cruise from Vancouver to LA and service was great. I found that the staff was looking forward to being back in warm weather.

The only negative would be if a number of the staff were ending their contract at the end of the cruise and were looking forward to the end cruise. Perhaps ask them if they are looking forward to the change in climate and I bet you will get some friendly responses and good service but I don't think you'll need it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 20th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Admiral

I haven't doen a repo, but have client who have. Never have they complained yet what you are saying, I have read on the boards before. My boss did one last fall on the Spirit and raved about both the ship and the service. I guess it just depends. The Sun is a great ship. Please keep us informed as this is one way I have a judging things for my clients and myself. NMNita
Old September 21st, 2005, 07:49 AM
Passenger

I think the service may be a little less organized on a repo cruise. They get into a routine when doing their regular seasonal cruises, and then when the repo comes they aren't exactly sure what takes priority some times. I have seen some staff confusion occassionally, but most of the staff seem to be excited about getting to see a different port after weeks of doing/seeing the same thing.