Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Beginner

Default Taking wine on board?????

I was wondering if anyone knows if NCL treats wine the same as they treat hard liquer or beer when trying to carry it on board? I seen something about a cork fee but they also said if you drink it in the cabin there wasn't a fee.

Sailing Oct 15th!

Cheryl
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Passenger

The corkage fee is charged on the bottle no matter where you drink it. If you pay the fee and want to take your bottle to the dining room make sure you bring along the receipt that you paid the fee so they know that it has been paid.

Also, bring the bottle in your carry on bag. If they find it in your checked luggage, after they have called you down to open your bag, they may just hold the bottle until the end of the cruise and not allow you to pay the corkage fee.

Some have said that they were able to sneak the bottles on the ship, just make sure it isn't going to ruin your day if they call you down and you get caught.

Have you checked out the wine list at the ncl site, they have quite a collection and when you add on the $15 corkage fee to your own bottle it's almost not worth it to lug it on the ship with you. You can purchase the wine with dinner and take the remainder of the bottle back to your cabin to enjoy later.
Old September 30th, 2005, 04:10 AM
Beginner

Just completed an awesome Inside Passage cruise to Alaska on NCL Sun and can relate that NCL will scan all bags brought on board.

However, having said that nothing was done about a single liquor bottle and two soft drinks brought on board after Ketchikan stopover. Several other passengers indicated they did same at various ports and were never asked by NCL staff about the contents of their bags. I made use of a thermos and or a coffee mug with cap to hide use in public areas. I was never questioned about it.

While NCL policy firmly states confiscation of certain “liquids”, the staff did not seem to be aggressively pursuing these duties. Please note that during one boarding I did get the chance to watch the screens of the airport type scanner as bags moved through. The images plainly show soda bottles and cans along with any liquor bottles contained in bags scanned.

I plan to be discrete and take one bottle + a small amount of mix as carry on in my next NCL cruise (Hawaii – Christmas 2006). Enjoy…
Old September 30th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Passenger

NCL has no problem with you bringing on the sodas/mixers...it is only the alcohol that they are searching for.