Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Beginner

Default LAX to San Pedro

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to get from LAX to the World Cruise Center in San Pedro. I really don't like the cruise line transfers. Is it cheaper and less hassle to take a cab or shuttle?
Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Admiral

I don't know the cost but a cab ride is about 20 minutes to the port. There is also PrimeTime shuttle but they charge per person.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old October 31st, 2005, 02:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

We took Super SHuttle back in 2001 and it was about $10 a person and made 2 loops around the airport looking for more people and then we had them drop the one other couple off first in Long Beach so we could see what it looked like.. Not bad really and met some really nice people. Obviously not a straight shot but if you are going in the day before it works fine. They were located right outside the doors of baggage claim.. Debbie
Old November 1st, 2005, 10:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Take a taxi.. It's about a 20 minute ride.. Charge is per trip, not per- person.. Go's directly to the dock, no side trips...OM
Old November 1st, 2005, 12:41 PM
Beginner

Default TRANSPORTATION

I found it a lot easier for the cruise line to take you to the ship..Last year on the Star, the cruise people met you at the baggage area. They then showed us where to meet to ewait for the bus. They also had a seperate truck pick up all of our luggage to be delivered to the room. All we had to carry was our small carry on. Don't try and keep a heavy carry on, or you will br toting it for the next couple of hours before gewtting on the ship. The cost is $20.00 each way.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:38 AM
Passenger

If you want private transport to the port, taxi is great, but because traffic is very heavy during peak times, the amount of time sitting with the meter running can be excessive. I am a motorcoach operator, ok ok ok...bus driver...lol, and it has taken as long as 15-20 minutes to get to the terminal after getting on the exit ramp. I don't like the transfers either, but it is probably the least expensive way to get to the ship. Hope this helps.

Bill