Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Beginner

Default NCL Dream Itinerary

Just wondering if anyone has sailed the modified Texaribbean itinerary since Hurricane Wilma devastated Cancun and Cozumel? We sail this Saturday and NCL has taken the storm updates of their website. I would assume that they still cannot stop in those two ports.
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Admiral

Rumor has it Cozumel will re-open this weekend but certainly will not be up to snuff. I would guess the earliest NCL will be stopping there would be the sailing on the 20th or even more like the 1st part of December: Just enjoy the other ports and enjoy your cruise. NMnita
Old November 8th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Beginner

what are the other ports they will stop at?

Thanks Debby
Old November 10th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cozumel is back

Just received news today from my TA, that Cozumel has been added back to our intenerary on the Dream sailing Nov. 26,2005. They updated their website last night and today it shows Cozumel is back. What's interesting is that they also show Cancun back on the Dec. 3 2005 sailing. I didn't think Cancun was anywhere close to being reopen for travelers.
Monarch of the Seas Jan. 2005 Baja Calif.
NCL Dream Nov. 2005 Western Caribbean
Monarch of the Seas Mar 2006 Baja Calif.
NCL Star Oct. 2006 Mexican Riviera
NCL Pearl Nov. 2007 Southern Caribbean
Mariner of the Seas May 2009 Pacific Coastal
Mariner of the Seas June 2009 Mexican Riviera
RCI Radiance of the Seas
Old November 10th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Yes, Cozumel has been added both on the Dream and the Sun. I can guarantee you, as a TA this is great news. We have much happier clients right now. NMnita
Old November 10th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Passenger

They have never modified the Dream's itinerary for Dec. 3. I keep checking (since that is when we are sailing).. I'm just hoping to get to go to Cozumel. I've heard rumors that we aren't going to Roatan, anyone know for sure?
Old November 10th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Admiral

ok, just checked the itinerary for the 3rd and it shows both Roatan and Cozumel. that is about as much as any of us know. As for not going to Roatan, I have no answers, but it does appear that starting next fall Roatan will no longer be a stop on any NCL ships. I hope this is not the case. NMnita
Old November 10th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Passenger

Yes, I noticed the 06-07 sailings didn't list Roatan.. that is too bad, it looks like such a beautiful place.
Old November 14th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Really confused

I don't know what to believe. On NCL website under "News" it states under the Nov.10,2005 update, that the Dream will not be going to Roatan, replacing it with Progreso because of the issue with one of its engines. But when my sister called them yesterday and asked if this was true, the woman said no, that Roatan was still on our intenerary. Does anyone at NCL know what the heck they are doing???
I'm looking forward to my cruise and really don't care where we go, but this Dream has me really confused.
RCI Radiance of the Seas
Old November 14th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Beginner

weisjg, let us know...
NCL now shows Roatan back on the itinerary...
Just last week they couldn't make it due to engine problems...
How can they now?
Then we have TD27 to contend with...
People are getting happy about Cancun being on in the future, but will cancun be ready?
Do they know about the slow speed of the ship?
Old November 15th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Beginner

The way I read the post on NCL it stated that it would miss roatan this week only and be back to the regular itinerary from there on out. I hope this is correct. I read somewhere else they are fixing the one engine this week. There are four engines, so this one engine didnt slow them down that much.
Old November 15th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Familiar Face

Default Roatan

We stopped at Roatan on our 10-30-05 sailing on the Dawn. I don't know what the rest of the island looks like, but where the ship stops is awful. Total poverty and not a picturesque spot at all!
Old November 15th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Admiral

Antique, you are completely correct about what you see when you leave the ship. Of course I have found this true with so many islands especially the poorer or smaller ones. The only positive thing about what you see when you disimbark is the great deals on pottery at the shopping area by the pier. Other than that it is not a very positive experience. You need to tour the island, snorkel, visit the beaches and resorts. The island is lovely and the people quite friendly, but the pier area and downtown are very disheartening. We have found this on other islands as well. Some we would never want to return to, but I think had we taken tours we may feel differently. NMNita
Old November 15th, 2005, 11:22 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel1975

. I read somewhere else they are fixing the one engine this week. There are four engines, so this one engine didnt slow them down that much.

Hi,
NCL has been using that line '' fixing the engine this week '' for past 3 1/2 months !!!!
They've got another thing that's in need of fixin' :: Their credibility.

3 engines out of four will keep a ship safely operational,,,,but the loss of power is enough to restrict your maximum serviceable speed to a point where your schedule cannot be met. They've had to deal with the fallouts from that since early August on the Alaska runs, and wherever she's been since......and still it is not fixed !!!If I were a stockholder, I'd be a bit miffed when examining the huge expenses in '' refunds'', '' shipboard credits'' and other '' compensations & P.R.'' expenses triggered by that ship's voyages....

Losing power in your ship is one thing....losing face in your operations is something else altogether.

Cheers

CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old November 20th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Familiar Face

I've never been on NCL, but my sister recently returned from a Texcribbean cruise that skipped Cozumel and Cancun. They recieved a credit of, get this, $28.00 total. HHMMMMMM.
Old November 20th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Admiral

Peddler,

was that on the Sun or the Dream? the ships just started back to Cozumel last week, in fact last Monday to be exact. No ships had done either port since Wilma came flying in. NMNita
Old November 20th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Admiral

Peddler, btw, the $28.00 was the port charges and that is what all lines would be giving back. When weather related issues affect the itinerary normally no compensation is given, the same as the airlines. If a flight is delayed due to weather the passengers get nothing even if it requires an overnight stay in a city other than the originating city. This also applies to resorts. NMnita
Old November 29th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Beginner

We really need to stop quoting the cruise lines legal BS. We are all intimately aware of how NCL is able to legally stick it to everyone. That's NOT what people are in need of resolving. The issue at hand is that - undisputedly - NCL knew they could not complete the itineraries, sold them anyhow, then postioned themselves with their legal bunk and heavy penalties for cancellation. There are other options here. It just depends upon the integrity of the seller. They are now doing the exact same thing to other passengers booked on another ship.
Old December 2nd, 2005, 02:06 PM
Beginner

Default Change in Belize City port time

Just noticed that beginning with tomorrow's (Dec 3 ) sailing, the port time in Belize City has gone back to the originally scheduled 7am to 4pm period, rather than the 7am to 6pm schedule held during the previous 2 sailings (Nov 19 & 26). The 4pm departure time presupposes going on to the 4th stop at Cancun, pre-Wilma.

Wonder if the return to the 4pm departure is in anticipation of Cancun re-opening sometime during one of the scheduled Dec sailings.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 11:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just return home today from our cruise on the Dream. Had a great time. And yes the engine has been fixed. We missed Cancun and was given back the port fees for that port. But was told that Cancun was back on for the Dec. 3rd sailing. Will write a review when I get a chance this week.
With all the bad reviews I had read, I thought this was going to be the cruise from h___ :evil: , but it was really, really nice.
RCI Radiance of the Seas
Old December 4th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Captain

I'm really glad to hear some positive reviews from the Dream after all its problems. We've sailed her twice and hope to do so again soon.