Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 17th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Passenger

Default Dressing for dinner

I LOVE getting all dressed up - never get to at home so this is part of the cruising attraction for me. We're considoring the Dawn, and I'm wondering if I will feel silly and out of place if I'm "dressed" each night for dinner. I don't mean a ball gown or anything - I just want to bring along my "cruise dresses" - I've lost a bunch of weight and actually look good in them now! Ha!
Thank you~
Anni M
Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2005, 11:49 PM
First Mate

Hi,
'' You got it ?? Flaunt it !!! ""

It's a vacation; enjoy; dress up every night, and on the 2-3 formal ones, dress up to the nines !!!! It matters not a bit what everybody else thinks, they'll be probably be too buzy admiring what they see .....It's YOUR taste.

Go for it !!!

Happy sailings
Cheers
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old November 30th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Passenger

I agree! This is one of my only times to get dressed up, too. Go for it. It's fun to look our best! I think most people look pretty nice. Wearing jeans to dinner is tacky, I think.
Old November 30th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Admiral

More will be dressed up than down. you may not see many tuxes or actual formals but you will see pretty dresses clothes. On one of our freestyle cruises I was wearing a cute sun dress and DH a shirt and tie but no jacket. We really felt under dressed. As for every night, well that is up to you, but yes, you will see some of that as well.
We certainly have. NMnita
Old December 14th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Passenger

i just cruised and 2 formal night and then othe rnights where i was business dress and you feel comfortable in what you wan to wear...i like to dress up and felt as long as i looked good who cared what other people were wearing
Old December 15th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I cruised on the Norwegian Star and had no problem wearing a jacket each night and saw more people dressed up than dressed down. If you are dining in any of the specialty restaurants you will see many people dressed up.

Go for it. You will not feel out of place. The No Jeans, Shorts, and Tank Tops rule was enforced on our cruise and dress was more "dressy" than I was lead to believe. A nice surprise.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 15th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Passenger

Default Yay - good news!

Thank you all for your replies. I am very glad I can do dressy bessy. Its so cold here that my winter attire means jeans and a sweater everysingle day. I'm DYING to wear my adorable leopard dress and my new slinky blue one....
I do agree that it's tacky to wear jeans and such to dinner. On our last cruise hubby and I were dressed (not a formal night) and seated next to this guy who had on a baseball jersey (it looked like an expensive one, not just a t-shirt) and these HUGE Mr T necklaces. Backwards ball cap - the guy looked ridiculous. I thought it was COMPLETELY disrespectful to the other passengers, and really stupid that the Maitre D even let this bozo in. He looked like he just strolled out the front door of his trailer.
Old December 16th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Passenger

I guess it's probably no different than going to a nice restaurant at home. Most of the people are dressed up very nicely, but there are always those who aren't as fancy. When my husband and I go out and dress up, we don't even pay attention to the fact that others aren't. We plan to do the same on our cruise. Have fun and good luck!
Old December 16th, 2005, 12:19 PM
First Mate

Dress up a little if you want. Some people will be a little more dressy, some people a little more casual. As long as you are not in jeans or t-shirts you will be OK. My husband wears dockers style pants and a nice shirt. I wear a sundress or nice black pants and a top.