Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2005, 04:59 PM
Beginner

Default who has been on the dawn,jewel,majesty,& sun?

hi all :o . im going on the jewel the one that departs miami and takes you to the carribean for about a week. i wanted to know from you seasoned norwegian cruisers if you can comment on (postively or negatively i want to hear it!) the following excursions being offered from ncl:
in george town- reed & wreck snorkel tour OR seven mile beach break
ocho rios- river tubing safari
honduras- coral cay snorkel experience OR jolly roger catamaran & gumbalimba park

i really love snorkeling though im not interest in swimming with dolphins or petting stingrays (been there done that). if anyone also has experience with taking excursions that were great that werent offered by norwegian, i would love to hear that too! 8) thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Beginner

I have not been on any of those ships but have taken excursions with Carnival and Disney. The best trips we've taken were booked through www.shoretrips.com. The service was superb. We pass right by the crowds of people waiting for the ship excursions and have much more personal service. I highly recommend them. We've used them in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Key West. Try them. We are booking on the Jewel the week of March 19
Old December 29th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilrad
I have not been on any of those ships but have taken excursions with Carnival and Disney. The best trips we've taken were booked through www.shoretrips.com. The service was superb. We pass right by the crowds of people waiting for the ship excursions and have much more personal service. I highly recommend them. We've used them in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Key West. Try them. We are booking on the Jewel the week of March 19
wow loved their site and they are cheaper too! i will cancel my plans with norwegian for the river tubbing. i was thinking of going on the shoretrips trip for tubbing and dunn's river falls but i just saw pictures of the falls and im too scared to climb that high and to have to rely on others! i wish they had a trip that combined tubbing with snorkeling.
Old December 30th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Admiral

It is always best to try and book independly but for those who are nervous about this the ship's tours are fine. Snorkeling in GC is wonderful but the water can be very choppy. In Ocho Rios I would do Dunes River Falls over anything else. Jamaca isn't the best place for snorkeling. Roatan has a great reputation for coral and snorkeling. You can't go wrong. BTW you will love the Jewel, what a wonderful ship she is!!! NMNita .