Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Beginner

Default Anyone back from the Star

Hi,
WE are on the NCL Star on March 1st and have some questions if anyone can help us.

1. Since we don't leave till 6pm what time can we be on the ship? Is Noon to early?

2. Usually What night is the Chocolate Buffett?

3. How far is Cabo Wabo or the Shrimp Factory from the Tender Docks in Cabo?

4. On Embarkation day what restaurants are open for lunch and till what time?

5. Did anyone keep their freestyle dailys from this trip?

6. Did anyone do the Colima tour in Manzaillo?

I am sure I will come up with more questions Thanks in advance to any info that can help me plan this cruise to be the best one I have been on.

Brett
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Beginner

Hello,

We just returned from the Star (Jan 4-12). Despite the port changes -whice we were first really pissed about - we still had a great time.

To answer your questions:

Embarkation begins at 1 pm. We arrived around 12:15pm and checked our luggage and waited.

The Chocoholic Buffet is from 11:30pm - 12:30 am on the night that you are in Cabo San Lucas. You get the last day at sea to recover from your suger coma. ;-)

In Cabo the Shrimp Factory is about a 10-15 minute walk from the tender pier. We walked right by it, but didn't dine there. Not sure about Cabo Wabo.

On Embarkation Day the Marketplace Cafe and Versailles (main restaurant) are open for lunch. Can't remember until what time however, I'm thinking until 5ish.

Didn't save the Freestyle Dailys...sorry! Have a GREAT time!

Oh...almost forgot...if you are in need of some REALLY GREAT service for alcohol/drinks from the bar, keep an eye out for Monica (From Romania - Very Cute) in the Spinnaker Lounge or Clarance (The "Chocolate Cowboy" in the Bier Garten). Both were SUPERB and very attentive....not to mention a lot of fun to talk to.