Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to SusanIII
Default Gay & Lesbian Cruisers/Spirit 2/9?

I'll be on the Norwegian Spirit 2/9-2/19. Single, 39, lesbian. Would love to meet other G&L's on the cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Admiral

they will have "friends of Dorothy" meeting almost, if not every early evening. This should help you meet others sharing your life style. Just read your freestyle daily for times. NMnita
Old January 10th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Passenger

That's definitely a great response to my question and I am definitely going to look out for the FOD meetings, but I'd still love to know if there will be many family members on board. Anybody out there who will be on the Spirit 2/9-2/19 give a holla!
Old January 11th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Passenger

Default In reference to your link

If I wanted to be around only G&L folk then I would book with an organization-probably not the one you listed in your link since it tends to be mostly men but perhaps something similar. I am well aware of the many companies that target the G&L community. I, personally, like to be around all types of people from all different backgrounds and lifestyles-without all of us it would be a very boring world. It just so happens that on an average cruise with any major cruise line there are an average of 30 to 60 or possibly more G&L's-and I'd like to meet them if I can.
Old January 11th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Admiral

don't want to start an all out war or discuss right from wrong, or good from bad, but though I do not share Susan's life style, it doesn't seem necessary to judge her. She asked a legit question, I am under the beleif that it deserves a legit answer. This is what these boards are all about. Now I will climb off my soap box for today!!!!
Old January 11th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Passenger

Default To nmnita

Thank you so much. I truly did not mean to offend anyone. I posted in this section as well as in the G&L section because for those of us just beginning to navigate this site-it's quite easy to miss the G&L section altogether. I thought that NCL was an especially G&L friendly cruise line-so I didn't think that I would find such a response-otherwise I would have just kept to myself. I know that there are people out there who find my lifestyle difficult to process based on their beliefs-but trust me, I am no one to be feared. I'm just a regular gal who happens to be taking a dear friend who retired last year on a cruise to celebrate this new chapter. I have a long way to go until retirement, but it's a great excuse for me to take a vacation!
Old January 11th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Admiral

you will have a great vacation I am sure; what an excuse to cruise: taking a friend cause she retired.
Old January 11th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Beginner

bold
1. Fearless and daring; courageous.
2. Requiring or exhibiting courage and bravery.

I posted the link because you said you were looking for others to hang out with. I didn't think you could change your cruise or anything. Just thought if you were looking for others to hang out with that you might be interested in a cruise/vacation that had way more than 30-60 others to try to meet and interested in the organization that's putting these together. For the future. For info.
Old January 11th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Passenger

I would find that many Gay & Lesbian people all in one place some what overwhelming-just like I find it overwhelming to try to meet people in bars-not to mention annoying because of the assumed agenda. I'm not going on vacation to meet other G&L people, but while on vacation if there are others on board it might be fun to get a drink or hang out by the pool. I'm not interested in cruising at the pool -I'm interested in being by the pool on a cruise. I thank you if your "bold" remark was meant as a compliment -but I must say-it certainly didn't come across that way.
Old January 11th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I'm sorry but I had to remove Leena's post because it contained a link to an agency that is selling a cruise and is considered advertising. Not because of any content.

Susan, I hope you have a great time on your cruise.

Take care,
Mike (Who has to keep the paid advertisers happy)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 11th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Passenger

Not a problem Mike, a shame though-such controversy. And now it does seem a bit like I was talking to myself.
Old January 11th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Hi SusanIII,

We just returned from an NCL cruise and they are definitely "G&L friendly"!

On our other cruises I noticed one or two FOD meetings during the cruise. On NCL Sun there was a meeting every night. I'm sure you won't have any trouble meeting people of all persuasions!

BTW, what a lucky friend

Have a great cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old January 11th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Passenger

Default Thank you!

Thank you sooo much. Great to hear about NCL- I'm really looking forward to the cruise. My friend (who is older than I and may have other interests on board) and I hope to meet all kinds of interesting people. It's sure nice to hear from people who have open hearts and minds! Now I just have to worry about losing that 20 pounds so I can put the bathing suit on!
Susan
Old January 29th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Beginner

I hope you have a great time, as I am also traveling solo, after the death my long time partner recently. I am going on the NCL Sun 2/11, and I am glad to hear about the FOD meetings. I took an early retirement because of her illness and I am looking forward to some R&R, now that some time has passed. I personally agree that it is nice to have a diversity of people on board, and with so many activities to choose from, ship excursions, etc. I am sure we will both have a fabulous cruise. I know the meaning of Carpe Diem, and fortunately have always lived my life, enjoying each day! life is short. Have a wonderful time with your friend!!!
Old January 29th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Passenger

Thank you for your post-and have a wonderful time. Wish we were going to be on the same cruise so we could hang out.
Old January 29th, 2006, 04:51 PM
First Mate

Hi, SusanIII,
A suggestion: post, on this forum, but under '' PEOPLE'' and then down to '' Gay&Lesbian Cruises''. You'll get, imo, quicker responses to your primary query as to '' who else is on your cruise.
There's also the '' who's on board'' section which opens you to a roll call on specific lines and individual sailings.

Just a tought.

Happy sailings & Good luck
Cheers
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old January 29th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Passenger

Thanks, I have posts all over the place including on Cruise Critic-so far nothing, but I keep trying.