Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Passenger

Default Jewel's specialty restaurants

So I have heard that for the "pay" restautants, many times you will have to make reservations almost as soon as you board if you want to eat dinner there...but what about the restaurants such as Mama's Italian Kitchen and Tango's? Do these fill up fast as well?
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Admiral

Tangos should not be a problem at all: we made them the afternoon we wanted to eat there and had no problem. I will forwarn you, it was the only food we had that we didn't care for. If you want real Mexican or south western food or real tapas you will be disappointed. The ribs are very good. As for Mama's: not as hard to get, but I would still make them a fews days ahead of time. We really enjoyed the place: great salmon and a wonderful anitpasto or however you spell it. NMnita ps don't miss trying Blue Lagoon at some point.
Old January 13th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Passenger

thanks!
One more question:
Are Tango's and Mama's open for lunch as well, or just dinner?
Old January 21st, 2006, 01:04 AM
Beginner

Both open at 5:30 pm. Dinner only. BTW on our Jewel cruise in Dec. mamas filled up very fast. I would recommend you make res. early on...
Old January 21st, 2006, 10:46 AM
Passenger

Which restaurants on the Jewel have a charge, and what is the amount?
Old January 21st, 2006, 03:42 PM
Admiral

The alternative dining rooms with a charge: Le Bistro, $10, but it may have increased to $15: Cagney's $15.00 and the Asian restaurant: someone else will have to answer this one: I know the Habachi table (which is very hard to get reservations for) has a range of $15 to about $25 I think. both Cagney's and Le Bistro offer a surf and turf for a little more than the prices I have listed. All are worth the money. As for Mama's, I had made the comment earlier it didn't fill up as fast, but from what was just posted, maybe you should make your reservations asap. I think we made ours a day or so after boarding, I could be wrong. Enjoy

Nita