Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Passenger

Default Booked cruise on Travelocity...I don't have luggage tags!

I guess when you book through Travelocity, they just email you your final documents...which is fine, but I don't have the stickers to attach to my luggage. How will they know where to put my bags? Do you think they will have the tags at the port?
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Shellster, don't worry -- their will be someone at the terminal door with the manifest, who will be able to provide you with the correct tags. And often, I find the porters have them, too.

No worry. You may also *still* get them from the cruiseline if you are more than 2 weeks out from sailing.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 24th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Now you have your answer: Harry obviously knows. I just had this happen to a client last week. They got upgraded but the docs came with the incorrect luggage tags: all that was necessary was to pick them up at the pier. No problems, just a little inconveninet.
Old January 25th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

A lot of people in your situation print up some self-adhesive labels with Name, Address and stateroom number. That way when you get to the dock you just have to stick them on the tags. Saves a little time and hassle.
Old January 25th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Booked cruise on Travelocity...I don't have luggage tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellster
I guess when you book through Travelocity, they just email you your final documents...which is fine, but I don't have the stickers to attach to my luggage. How will they know where to put my bags? Do you think they will have the tags at the port?
Most cruiselines have stopped sending any docs other than by email and no luggage tags.
The porters have them at port and a manifest if you don't already know your cabin number.
Personally I think this will cause more problems as people improperly copy cabin numbers, invert numbers etc. But we will see what happens I guess.
Old January 25th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Beginner

Me too!
It's not Travelocity, it's NCL.
Booked three other cruises through Travelocity and always received the luggage tags in the mail.
I'm concerned also, but everone says we get them at the pier?
I'm still concerned with delays...Hobbs
Old January 25th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs
Me too!
It's not Travelocity, it's NCL.
Booked three other cruises through Travelocity and always received the luggage tags in the mail.
I'm concerned also, but everone says we get them at the pier?
I'm still concerned with delays...Hobbs
Hate to argue with you on this one, but it is not NCL> As a TA and a frequent cruiser I have only dealt with E Docs twice: Once was sailing on Celebrity. At the time I was temporarily not an agent and went through my old company. It was their choice to do everything using E Docs. The second time it was my clients and RCI: RCI did E docs, but only because of the late booking. Right now the cruise line, no matter what company will issue either way. Will the time come when everything will be E, yes, probably sooner than some of us like, but this has absolutely nothing to do with NCL> NMNita
Old January 25th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Passenger

thanks so much for all of your tips! I am relieved now.