Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to SusanIII
Default Cell phone usage

On the 2 days at sea from New York to St. Thomas-will there be cell service? I have some work related calls that need to be made and would like to know if I can plan to do a little work on the way -and on the way back.
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

What ship are you sailing on? It is highly unlikely that service will be available except in port and then there may well be very high charges incurred. Don't think just because you have service that it is part of whatever plan you have.
Old January 25th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to SusanIII

I'm on the Spirit out of New York-I was hoping to have service on the first day out and the last day back-I know that there are crazy charges when you get to the ports that are not US-learned that the hard way on St. John when I would sometimes get a British operator. Just wondered as we are chugging our way south if I might have service for a day or two.