Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Beginner

Default NEED HELP TRYING TO GET REFUND BACK FROM NCL

What can I do about a refund I expect from NCL

I found the double entry made Jan 3 and told my agent that week. I have not even taken the cruise yet and it been hell already. My cruise is for March 16 -what else can go wrong???

My agent has been hounding their accounting dept, keeps getting a clerk who says its been processed Jan 18 - they charged me 2 x my final payment $1600 which I had to pay off or incure interest charges from the credit card company.

I keep checking my cc stmt online - no refund yet and its now Feb 9 -
I am a seasoned cruiser (over 13 cruises)of which 4 have been with NCL and never had such a problem with payment processing.

Its now been escalated to the NCL region rep in Vancouver but he's away till next week. My agent called me today to tell me this.

NCL accounting dept procedures leave a lot to be desired. They charge you right away but to get a refund is like pulling teeth. My agent can't seem to get a supervisor or anyone higher up to look into this. The clerks she contact are different everytime and they say it has to go to another dept which does not make sense to me.

Is it because its a cdn traveller?

WHAT TO DO??? WHO TO CALL??? CAN ANYTHING BE DONE???
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Hi dim,

Just call and write your CC company explaining the problem and dispute the charges. You won't accrue any interest on the amount until things are straightened out.

If you've already paid the CC (?) still send them a letter explaining what happened.

Refunds from ANY cruise line are always very slow.

Good luck, and let us know the outcome.

Have a wonderful cruise, too!

[/i]

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old February 10th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Admiral

The other bonus to filing a dispute with your credit card company is that they credit card company charges them a penalty whenever they do a chargeback. So it could help encourage them to issue timely refunds in the future. Sounds to me as though you've been more than patient and have given them every opportunity to resolve the issue.
Old February 11th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Admiral

Two thigs here. 1) why would you pay a double charge. Simply contacting your cc company, in writing , within 30 days of the charge would get the second charge temporarily reversed and relieve you from all obligation to pay interest charges. 2) who runs your cc? You mention your "agent". I presume Travel Agent. The error here is not NCL it is the TA. If you booked through a TA, the TA not NCL ran your card twice .
Old February 11th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Sorry Papa, the TA didn't run the card or the charges would have been from the TA. The TA supplies the card number to NCL and NCL runs the card through. I doubt the TA had much to do with this problem.
Old February 11th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie
Sorry Papa, the TA didn't run the card or the charges would have been from the TA. The TA supplies the card number to NCL and NCL runs the card through. I doubt the TA had much to do with this problem.
I agree with you on this: the TA would either enter the charges into the system and NCL would take it from there or the charges would be called into the company. It does sound like your agent has done all he/she can to help.I am surprised that she/he can't speak with a supervisor. I have never had trouble getting a supervisor at NCL, either I stay on the line til he/she comes on or I leave a number and I get a call back. DIM, have you called your CC company? No, you will not be charged interest and yes, as has been said, for whatever reason (this is not just an NCL situation) refunds take a heck of a lot longer than posting a payment does. That is why companies will always tell you, it can take up to 2 billing cycles to see the credit. If it doesn't take more than a few days the consumer is happy, it is take 5 or 6 weeks the consumer can't say they were not told. You say you haven't even taken the cruise yet and it's been hell already. If you have had many great NCL cruises it might be better to look at the bright side of this. What happens on land and at sea are often 2 different things. Expect to enjoy your cruise experience when you once get on the ship. Please keep us posted on and I have one more quesion, why would you think being cnd would have anything to do with this? NMnita

NMnita
Old April 10th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Passenger

Interesting. I had to cancel a trip on X for the May 6 sailing. I cancelled the trip on March 28 and recieved a refund to my card on March 29. This definately seems to be a NCL problem.
Old April 10th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLee
Interesting. I had to cancel a trip on X for the May 6 sailing. I cancelled the trip on March 28 and recieved a refund to my card on March 29. This definately seems to be a NCL problem.
Mr Lee, this is a port that is more than 2 months old. Hopefully the OP has resolved the problem being she hasn't posted again. Maybe we will here from her and she will be able to let us know. They always say it can take up tp 2 billing cycles, but I never have understood why. It certainly doesn't take any business 2 billing cycles to bill us does it? NMnita