Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Boston to Burmuda Once the Majesty is Gone

We sailed Boston to Bermuda last May (second time) and loved it. The Captain mentioned that for 2006, the Majesty would still be doing the Boston to Bermuda run, but wasn't sure about 2007. He also mentioned that the Majesty would be retiring to the Orient sometime before 2010 at the very latest. I was wondering if anyone has heard when the Majesty will sail her last Boston to Bermuda cruise and what she will be replaced with (assuming the Boston Bermuda run will still be a go once she retires). I know the bigger ships can't get through the passage into St. George, which is such a lovely port. That would be a shame! Has anyone heard anything about this itinerary? We're thinking of doing it again in '08.
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2006, 10:21 AM
First Mate

I have asked this same question many times, and no one seems to have an exact answer.

It would be a shame to retire this ship, since she CAN fit into the cut at St. George. Bigger ships have to go to the Dockyard, which is not as charming as St. George.

I just read that Princess is adding a 680 passenger ship to it's fleet. Hopefully, NCL will take notice and not cast off its smaller ships. They do fill a need in ports where the giants cannot go.

Barb
Old March 17th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Captain

The only good thing is at the recent Seatrade conference NCL indicated the Majesty will be back in Boston for the summer of 2007. I would not be surprised to see it there in 2008 and 2009.
Old March 17th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Admiral

Since Bermuda is still aruging over slicing the cut again for the third or fourth time..it looks like the Majesty is going to be going there... but I'm going to a travel show next weekend and will ask again.. "THEY", keep saying nobody is telling them..NCL people that is..