Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Beginner

Default Norwegian Sun, April 1

Hi all! This will be my first cruise and I was hoping to get any suggestions about fun island activities or excursions you enjoyed.
If you are going to be aboard I look forward to meeting you!!

Thanks so much,
jenny
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2006, 03:03 PM
Beginner

I am going with jensue and we are really looking forward to fun in the sun. Any past NCL Sun passengers have any suggestions for us? Favorite bar on the ship? Restaurants? Any "don't miss" activities? Just looking for some tips before we go. Sailing April 1. Hope to meet some of you on board. Thanks in advance for any tips!
Old March 23rd, 2006, 06:24 PM
Admiral

I believe the April 1st sailing is doing the same itinerary we will do on the 15th and I have been on the ship before. I would recommend you eat in one if not more of the specailty restaurants: try the tapas in Las Rambles, don't miss the shows, see at least a couple of them. The Observation lounge is a great place to have a before dinner or late evening drink. If you are looking for excitement try one of the smaller bars.

Tours: I would recommend everyone do the Virgin Gorda Baths. If the weather is nice St Thomas has some great beaches: megans Bay being one or you may want to venture over to St Johns. It is quieter than St Thomas. Becasue we have spent so much time in St Thomas we will just get off long enough to stock up on booze and spend the rest of the day on ship. That is another fun way to spend time: while everyone else is in port take advantage of the less crowded pool area or the specials offered in the spa.

Hope this helps you enjoy your experience on the Sun. NMNita
Old March 24th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Captain

We were on the Sun while running from Hurricane Wilma in October. We had a grand time.

If you are a beer drinker and find the bars around the ship don't have your favorite brew, try the Sports Bar. I counted 21 different beers on display there.

Again, the Observation Lounge is a very nice place for evening libations, but it's also a neat place to escape during the day. No one's there and you can crash there while reading or watching the world float by.

We really enjoyed listening and dancing to Twice As Nice. I hope they're still onboard.

Enjoy!
MagnoliaBlossom
Old March 27th, 2006, 12:45 AM
Beginner

Thanks for your responses!

Which of the specialty restaurants, that you pay for, are a must, besides the tapas place?

Does the Sun have a piano bar with sing-a-longs? A fun disco?

Thanks--less than a week!!!