Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Book NCL or Orbitz

I am about to book a cruise - should I use Orbitz.com or NCL.com? Same price.
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I would check out some other Travel Agents as well. Honestly dont find Orbitz has great deals on cruises.

Try Cruisecompete.com. Agents will bid on your cruise. Sure to get a better price than from the cruise line direct.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 15th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Passenger

I would make sure that price is actually the same.
Usually travel sites don't include travel insurance. The price with NCL should have your travel insurance included in the price. Thus with a travel site you will be paying an average of 129.00 more per person.
It seems like the prices are the same, but if you look at the breakdown it is not.
Old March 15th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Admiral

I am leaving on my first NCL cruise this weekend and to be very honest I have been less than impressed by the customer service across the board provided by the NCL employees I have spoken to in their call centers, however once I escalated my issues to NCL's were cared for and I was pleased with the outcome.
I would be hesitant to book with NCL directly, simply because many of the staff I have dealt with lacks product knowledge and expertise with regard to their own cruiseline. There is a wealth of misinformation provided by NCL about NCL. That is not to say there are not great and wonderful employees there too, as I was very impressed by the gentleman I dealt with from their executive offices. I would also be very hesitant to book an NCL cruise through a company like Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia etc... simply because if you should run into trouble and need an advocate to fight a battle for you, it isn't going to happen.
So with that being said, I would highly recommend you book through an agent who is very savvy with regard to NCL in particular as they are a bit different and unique in some respects when compared to some of the other mainstream cruiselines.
Old March 15th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Admiral

I had the same issue with phone service, a simple thing, but not dealt with well on the phone. It was escallated and then dealt with very well.
Old March 15th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Admiral

If you call a travel agent you will get the same if not a better price and will have someone who, hopefully will personally care about you and your needs. I do want to add one thing, I don't think the price you saw on the website included insurance as usually that is added onto the total. Example: cruise 850.00 plus government taxes of $40.00: total $890.00. then the insurance is added on, if you choose to take the company NCL or any other line offers. Most of my clients take some other form of insurance, but regardless please do take it. That one percent of the time something happens is worth all the times you don't use it. NMnita