Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2006, 04:29 PM
Passenger

Default Thinking about sailing NCL-Jewel but not sure...

Hi,
I am thinking about NCL-Jewel for Spring 2007 sailing date with family. Never sail NCL before but did sailed one with RCI and one with Carnival.
So far I like the idea of freestyle dining. Since my nephew who will be about 3 yrs old will be traveling with us, will there enough activities and fun things for him to do? We will be considering between RCI-Freedom of the Seas vs. NCL Jewel. Any input for kids activity and quality of cruise is good. I know Freedom of Seas will be plenty but NCL???
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2006, 07:15 PM
Admiral

We sailed the Jewel last fall, she is one of the nicest ships (20 cruises) I have ever seen and with a young one, freestyle should work great for you. You have your choice of so many places to dine, some not being as long and intimate as others. this should work for him. As long as he is 2 he can go to the kids club. I believe on RCI he has to be 3. The only catch will be potty training. If he is not trained someone in the family will need to have a beeper which is provided. Changing diapers is one thing the councilors do not do. I don' think you can beat NCL. As for the quality of food I was rate them similar, though overall food quality has gone down over the past few years on all lines. Again, the deciding feature for me would be choice of places to eat. You can split it up between the main dining rooms, one night maybe Blue Lagoon and one or two nights in specialty restaurants. NMnita