Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to redstangjt
Default Camera for Hawaii Cruise

Just wondering, I have a Canon Rebel G EOS SLR camera with an additional zoom lens up to 200X, and also a Canon digital camera. Should I take both these for pictures, and would 400 film be okay for the bright sun? I've also read in one of the revealed books that you should have your prints developed before leaving the island if possible, because the states don't due justice to the vivid colors on the island. Anyone know anything about this? I'm a little crazy when it comes to pictures, and am so afraid that I won't get the best pictures ever. Anyone have any suggestions for me before we sail on May 20.
Thanks,
Jeannie
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Admiral

I used to shoot with ASA 400 (or higher) all the time. Just use a shutter speed of 2000 and you will be fine.

If the digital camera has a built in zoom, that might be enough. It is just a case of how much you want to lug around with you.

I don't think the Hawaii labs are any better or worse than the ones stateside. They do not hand develop the film like I used to. They use the auto processor's just like anyone else. Sounds like somebody is trying to make a buck off you before you leave the islands.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08