Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default My first NCL cruise, and first time with E DOCS

My first encounter with E documents... but I got them today for my NCL Dawn cruise in June!!!

Radiance of the Seas - CM Rock the Locks docs in hand, and, for me, the "Dawn of E docs". Definitely worthy of a dance!

Anyone here sailing the Dawn June 10 from New York? I'll be reviewing the ship for CruiseMates, and writing a feature article, but would love to make time to meet any "cruisemates" on this sailing.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Passenger

Hey Kuki...

So, NCL e-Docs a little better the RCI e-Docs...good to know.

Have a great trip on the "Rock the Locks"...
Old March 29th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Passenger

Hello Kuki. See you are going on Norwegian Dawn. We just returned on March 16th and have noticed lots of changes, since we sailed on her in Dec. 2003. For one the pool is not heated when leaving New York or last day at sea when returning and very cold. Also on the picnic island at Great Stirup Cay, no more Bar B Que ribs, corn, or iced tea. Just hamburgers which were raw (and in fact made sick the next day), no salad, just fries and only water to drink, pretty poor we all thought. Jane Ryan dancers only do 2 production numbers instead of 3 on an 11 nt. cruise and Caribbean Deck party nothing like it used to be, no large puppets, no waiters doing their dance etc. Chocolate buffet not like before, all small chocolate cakes the same, no dipped fruit in chocolate, no chocolate ice cream, have seen much better before on Norwegian line. The menu had no cold soups and menu not all that good, shrimp were very small ones out of a can. Don,t think I would be anxious to sail on Norwegian Dawn again.
Old March 30th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelnut2
Hello Kuki. See you are going on Norwegian Dawn. We just returned on March 16th and have noticed lots of changes, since we sailed on her in Dec. 2003. For one the pool is not heated when leaving New York or last day at sea when returning and very cold. Also on the picnic island at Great Stirup Cay, no more Bar B Que ribs, corn, or iced tea. Just hamburgers which were raw (and in fact made sick the next day), no salad, just fries and only water to drink, pretty poor we all thought. Jane Ryan dancers only do 2 production numbers instead of 3 on an 11 nt. cruise and Caribbean Deck party nothing like it used to be, no large puppets, no waiters doing their dance etc. Chocolate buffet not like before, all small chocolate cakes the same, no dipped fruit in chocolate, no chocolate ice cream, have seen much better before on Norwegian line. The menu had no cold soups and menu not all that good, shrimp were very small ones out of a can. Don,t think I would be anxious to sail on Norwegian Dawn again.
I am so sorry your cruise turned out to be less than you had expected. I have read several reviews on a few other boards that were totally different from your experience. It just shows we all have expectations and sometimes they are not met, but everyone sees things in a different light. The only complaints that I have read were 1-embarkation for some unknown reason was a disaster and the food quality isn't much different from in times past except for the lack of beef. The 3 month trial menues should be over this week; hopefully NCL will go back to the old choices or combine them. That was the reason for the 90 day trial; to see what people really wanted. Many are becoming more health consious and had requested less beef, more fish. Now, many are griping about the changes. I also haven't heard anything about the shrip cocktails being canned shrimp. Small, I can beleive, canned I think I would have to see that to believe it. Oh, wait a minute, you retuned on the 16th, you didn't sail on the 16th, is that correct? Maybe there were changes made after you disembarked. Anyway, I do hope your next experience is better. We are about to sail the Sun for our second time. I will be interested to see what changes we see over 4 years. Traveling during a busy school holiday time is very different than cruising other times. Everytime we have done this, we have had a few disappointmnents regardless of the line. NMNita