Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2006, 03:42 PM
First Mate

Default Spirit Review (short and sweet)

Went on the Spirit from 3/12-3/19. I thought the ship was beautiful. Loved Galaxy of the Stars and the access to watch the captain and his crew in the bridge.

The service was probably the worst we've experienced (this is our 4th NCL cruise) - one bar staff was especially rude because he was mad that we were sitting in the middle of the row in the theater and ordered drinks. He literally snatched the receipt out of my hand and never said thank you.

The food was very good - especially in Windows (GORGEOUS restaurant). We didn't try any of the specialty paying restaurants because the food was very good in the "free" ones.

One thing that made me a little upset was that we picked this cruise because we wanted to spend the whole day at Great Stirrup Cay and only a half day in Nassau. When we got on board, we found out that we are one of about 3 cruises this season that was switched to a full day in Nassau (yawn) and a half day in GSC. We were never told about this in advance. Also, we were told that parasailing was not available at GSC that day and then we get there, sure enough, there were people parasailing.

The kids pool area is one of the best I've ever seen on a ship. My niece had a ball.

We sailed on Carnival last year for the first time (have always been NCL people) and we had a wonderful time and after this disappointing experience on NCL, we are going back to CCL and possibly going to try RCCL and PCL.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
NCL Dream - '08
Carnival Miracle - '07
NCL Dawn - '06
NCL Spirit - '06
Carnival Legend - '05
NCL Dawn - '04
NCL Dawn - '03
NCL Sea - '02
Cunard QE2 - '98
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2006, 08:20 PM
Passenger

Default Norwegian line

You said a mouth full. Norwegian not like it used to be and we found the meals were not that great, and there were 29 of us, all of the same opinion. Shrimp cocktail were not the nice large ones you get on other ships but the tiny little ones you get out of a can back home. Chocolate buffet not as good, coffee just terrible, On the picnic island of Great Stirup Cay, raw raw hamburgers which made me sick the next day, no bar b que ribs or corn on cob like they used to have, no drinks other then water, some picnic. Entertainment getting on the cheaper side as well. I too will most likely book with RCCL or Princess the next time.