Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2006, 08:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo_Bost
Default Who has the best deal for Hawaii?

We have decided to cruise Hawaii on one of the "Prides" The "Aloha" is less expensive, probably cause this is an older ship. Is one of the other "Prides" worth the extra $600 t0 $800 for the same itenerary??
We know that this "cruise" is more about the land portion than the cruise part.

Does NCL offer any discounts other than the "early booking fare" that I can see on-line. I get offers all the time from RCL and Carnival. Should I look to some of these "discount" TA services? or are they just gonna play with "fees, taxes and service charges" so that I end up paying more?

What about airfare? go with NCL or book on the net? I have a year to work this all out. come on,somebody save me some bucks. Jimbo
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2006, 08:13 PM
Admiral

When we cruised around the islands on the NCL Star, airfares were $500/pp. We flew over 2 days before and stayed 1 day after. We went with Pleasant Hawaiian and got a great deal on air and hotel for the 3 of us.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old April 23rd, 2006, 10:05 PM
Beginner

Default Hawaii Cruise Ships

Jimbo,

I think when you plan to go might also determine the cost of your cruise. I took a cruise in June one year and it was more expensive than one I took in October. If you are planning to go this summer I would talk to your travel agent now. I was going to take our son and I couldn't even book a cabin for three people! I have heard that some of the summer Hawaii cruises such as the Pride of Hawaii may be almost sold out. Also, I received a coupon book, when I booked our cruise, for onboard credits. Sometimes these extras can give you a little more for your money. DNowaK
Old April 24th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Familiar Face

We took the Pride of Aloha in 2005. She is an older ship but pleasant.
The newer ships are wonderful and would love to sail one of the newer ships.

One thing you might want to consider: Because you stop daily & stay overnight at 2 ports, you really only stay on the ship from 5pm till 7 or 8 pm each day. We were so busy seeing the sights and were tired in the evening, we did very little on the ship itself. So if you want to save $$ go with the Pride of Aloha.

Voyager of the Seas