Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Has anyone stayed in the mini suites on the norwegian jewel?

PLEASE TELL ME HOW IT WAS,IS,ETC... THANKS 8)IM BOOKED ON THE PEARL NEXT YEAR.
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2006, 07:26 PM
Familiar Face

Hi!

We sailed on the Jewel for 10 days last September to New England & Canada in mini-suite #11-104 (aft on the starboard side). It was our first NCL cruise and we loved it!! The Jewel had only been in the water for a few weeks when we cruised on her so everything was sparkling and brand new which was fun! The Jewel is a big ship and holds a LOT of guests, but, surprisingly, we never felt "crowded" on her. Our embarkation and debarkation both went very smoothly.

We thought our mini-suite was just great! We've had other suites on Holland America that were bigger but they were more expensive, of course. We thought this suite was definitely a good value for the money.

There was certainly PLENTY of closet and drawer space; we had a couple of drawers that were half empty even at the end of the cruise. We had a VERY comfy bed which I'm sure was BIGGER than a standard queen and that was a nice surprise. My husband is 6' 7" tall and he is used to a California King. He was very comfortable in that bed.

There were nice reading lights on either side of the headboard-area of the bed, a nice love-seat-size sofa bed, a desk with ample additional shelf/storage space around it, two chairs and a small, glass coffee table.

Oh yes, we brought a power strip along to use at the desk area (that's where the 110 power outlet is located) so we could plug in more than one item at a time--like camera batteries for several cameras, etc. That was very handy. There is also a lovely mirror on-a-stand, with magnification, that sits on the desk to use for putting on make-up, etc.

There is a safe in one of the cupboards by the desk area and it locks with a combination that you create. I like that better than the ones you use your room key to open. There is also a small refrigerator below the safe.

The bathroom was arranged very efficiently with separate rooms for commode, sink/mirror area and shower/tub. We loved the settings for the shower/tub; we had "perfect temp" showers every time with no hassle. The soaps and shampoo were very nice and the towels were thick and fluffy.

The room was very bright and cheery and had lovely wood paneling throughout. There were mirrors on two walls which made the suite look bigger and which gave it an airy look. Our suite was kept impeccably clean by our room steward who left us wonderful towel "art" pieces every night at turn down--turtles, elephants, etc. The staff could not have been nicer EVERYWHERE we went on the ship--so friendly and very helpful.

We really did not use the services of the Concierge that came with our suite except to have her make our reservations for the different "reservations recommended" restaurants that we wanted to eat in. We ate in ALL of the restaurants. We found the food to be very good on board. Surprisingly, one of the very best meals we had on board was one in the Tsar's Palace dining room!

Our balcony area had two comfy lounge chairs and a small table. Oh yes, the solid dividers between the different mini-suite balcony areas (on Deck 11 at least) do not go all the way to the railing--they slope down toward the railing and then there is a small acrylic (see-through) section where the divider meets the railing, so there was not TOTAL privacy on our balcony like we've had on some other ships we've sailed on. I must say, that worried me when I first saw the set-up, but it turned out not to be a problem. Our "neighbors" were very respectful of our privacy and vice versa. Actually, we rarely saw our neighbors out on their balconies at the same time we were unless we were coming into or going out of a port.

Also, we never heard our neighbors on either side of us, so the mini-suites must have wonderful sound-proofing. It was lovely and quiet at night.

All in all, we were VERY PLEASED with our mini-suite on the Jewel and wouldn't hesitate to book another one.

Hope this has helped...

Lesley
2003 Mississippi Queen
2004 HAL Westerdam
2005 Norwegian Jewel
2007 Norwegian Sun
2009 HAL Westerdam
2010 RCI Vision Of The Seas
2011 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam
2014 Norwegian Jewel
Old May 2nd, 2006, 10:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

thank you for anm awesome description,we are booked all the aft,on deck 11,for the jan.5th sailing of the pearl,I have an awesome TA,if you ever need one Greg.