Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2006, 02:25 PM
Beginner

Default Retiring the Majesty

Hi everyone...I just found this message board. I was wondering if anyone knows if they are retiring the NCL Majesty. I thought I read that the contract to sail Bermuda was up at the end of 2006..and it was going to China. However I have seen on the travel sites that it is listed for cruises to Bermuda of 2007. Has anyone been on the Majesty lately that may have some information on this? It is a great ship..I have been on it 7 times..but would like to see a a newer ship do the Boston to Bermuda run. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2006, 10:39 PM
Admiral

It seems no one know for certain, other than maybe NCL which ships will be retired in the next year or so. With the 2 new ships coming on board it is rather certain something will give and it appears it is between the Crown, Majesty or maybe the Wind or Dream, possibly 2 of the above. NMNita
Old May 3rd, 2006, 05:41 AM
Beginner

My wife and I are going in Sept. And we are booking for Apr 2007 so we''ll
try to find out
Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

There was an article recently about the NCL Pearl coming on board the NCL fleet -- about 3 months earlier than originally planned. It made reference to the fact that the Wind would be the next ship to leave the NCL fleet in 2007-- it's Hawaiian and Alaska itineraries are being replaced by the Sun. It didn't sound, however, like any of the other ships will be leaving in 2007. I'm sure there will be some shakeup of where the ships are based. For example, which ship will be taking over the Sun's New Orleans itinerary?
Old May 4th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

I think I read somewhere that Dream or Wind would leave the NCL fleet in 2007.(its time for both to leave)
Old May 24th, 2006, 04:19 PM
First Mate

Hopefully, the Majesty will remain with NCL. Only a ship of its size can fit through the cut at St. george, Bermuda.

Megaships can dock at Kings Wharf, but it is not as lovely as St. George.

HEAR ME NCL. DO NOT RETIRE THE MAJESTY!!!!!
Old May 24th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb Nahoumi
Hopefully, the Majesty will remain with NCL. Only a ship of its size can fit through the cut at St. george, Bermuda.

Megaships can dock at Kings Wharf, but it is not as lovely as St. George.

HEAR ME NCL. DO NOT RETIRE THE MAJESTY!!!!!
Barb, I agree they have to keep one ship for Bermuda but it may be the Crown. No one seems to know expactly what is happening at this time. Someone said the Dream or Wind would go: maybe, but so many love both those ships. I have heard the Sun will be doing Hawaii starting next year; if so, it sounds like the Wind will be next. Regardless I think it is certain, at least 2 NCL ships will go to Asia in the next 12-18 months. NMNita
Old May 25th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

We are sailing on the Majesty this Sunday the 28th to Bermuda (our 10th time) maybe we will hear about the ships future.
Bob
Old June 6th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just got back from the Majesty on Sunday (June 4 ) and one officer said that the ship will do Boston to Bermuda until 2009 and then leave the fleet. It will be replaced by a larger ship and may not be able to visit St. Georges because of it's size.
Bob
Old June 11th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Admiral

:o Have read that the Dream is living... the Crown just ran into a problem going from St. George to hamilton... If it's true the Majesty is leaving in 2009...guess there is still a chance for us Majesty fanatics to cruise her once, twice or maybe three times more... I still don't know if NCL got it with the popularity of the Majesty in the N.E. area...but then again look at all the "home style" cruising that is popping up... Bermuda is loosing it's charm...Front Street has lost many of their popular shops..St. George has lost Polly's and several more..but damn it.. it's a wonderful romantic spot.. so different than Hamilton or th e Dockyard