Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Beginner

Default NCL shore excursion cost for kids & toddlers?

Hi everyone -- does anyone know the answer to this? We'll be on the Jewel for a July Med cruise with a 17 year old, a 12 year old, and twin 2 year olds. I'd like to have a "Plan B" if the cost is too high.

FYI, it's been frustrating to be on-hold for a long time (had to hang up after 27 minutes last time) whenever I call NCL to try & get the answer to this question...
Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Admiral

I think that if you really want an answer to this question you will need to be more specific. Which excursion? what port of call?
Old May 5th, 2006, 06:19 PM
First Mate

I Think 2 and under is usually free. On thier website there are child prices for every tour with age specifications. We had to pay for my 4yr old when we booked the excursion online before our sale date. BUT, I believe we should have waited to book until we boarded the ship. we did a beach and lobster lunch tour...a 4yr old eating lobster, hmmm...I'm betting we probably could have gotten out of paying for her lobster. (it didn't go to wast though mmm!)
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)
Old May 6th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Beginner

Default Got answers - thanks!

Hi -- responses sent me back to the NCL web site to try harder to find the info & indeed it is posted. I clicked on links as if I was going to register now for shore excursions & all the detailed rules were there.

For the Europe cruise we're on (Barcelona to Italy to Nice & back) they don't post the 2-12 year old price, saying you have to wait until you board to find out. Under 2 years if you don't occupy a seat (i.e. sit in lap) is free.