Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Beginner

Default Looking for feedback on the Jewel - Mediterranean Cruise '06

Looking for any information on the Mediterranean cruise on the NCL Jewel. First time cruiser, so any info on excursions, food on ship, $$ exchange would be very helpful. Thank you, Bucky
Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2006, 03:38 AM
Passenger

Default Jewel Med Cruise

My DH and I are on the Jewel this Sunday 29th May and I will do a review when I get back. We are so excited now and I'm just about to sstart packing!
Old May 26th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Jewel Med Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelrushton
We are so excited now and I'm just about to sstart packing!
Start packing? Heck I would have been done last week.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old May 31st, 2006, 01:22 AM
Familiar Face

Hello!

I'll be on the Jewel in September. Any chance you can post a copy or two of the Daily Paper? Also interested in your review to hear how much Ballroom Dancing there was with this port intensive journey.
NCL Spirit November 2006
HAL Rotterdam April 2007
NCL Spirit August 2007
Caribbean Princess May 2009
NCL Star RFamilyVacations July 2009
Carnival Glory July 2010
Old June 16th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Beginner

I have posted quite a few 'tips' on my posting today- so hope they help.

I would say, for Roma and Florence- go for the cheapest options NCL offer- or go on the train to Rome . If you read up before you go you dont need a guide for either.. In Florence the queues for the Ufitzi gallery are horrendous Go into any church and you will see wonderful fresco's and statues often by Michelangelo.

When in Villefranche- not a lot of time so if you are desparate to see Monte Carlo and Nice NCL excursions- are probably the best bet. Villefranch is just very pretty so worth going ashore for an hour- even if its just to get soken to rudely by the french cafe owners- bare in mind its the last day and we were pretty knackered- nice to chill- shore service is by a smart but bumpy tender- and NCL was very efficient. Along with other brit passenegers we also had a good laugh at the 'dingy' that was bringing passengers ashore from the 'Thomson Destiny' at the same time- looked like a very 'tacky ship' so take heart!