Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Beginner

Default Adult Beverages

Hi There- Does anyone know what the price range is for frozen drinks and beer? And are the frozen drinks worth the price ? I heard the the drinks are not very strong- very much watered down, is this true? Also can we have drinks brought to us in our room? We are sailing out on the Spirit on June 24th! I cant wait!! This will be our first cruise. Would you recommend getting a soda card?

Oh! Just thought of another question! Do the rooms have and alarm clock or a night light?
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Admiral

Hi Lindapher,

Welcome to Cruisemates!

We didn't find the drinks to be watered down on our last cruise. You can order drinks from room service, but it's easier (and less expensive!) to go to one of the bars and bring the drinks to your cabin. If you order room service you really should tip the person who brings it about $2.00.

Things may have changed, but last December you could preorder a bottle of liquor (bar setup) for your cabin. If you just want a couple of drinks while you're dressing for dinner this is the way to go !

Getting the soda card really depends on how much soda you drink. The cards are good for "fountain" sodas, not cans or bottles.

The cabins don't have alarm clocks or night lights. We bring a small battery operated clock and a "glow in the dark" night light, along with a power strip. There's only one outlet in most cabins.

Have a wonderful cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old June 7th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Admiral

Fern pretty much answered your questions. We never use an alarm clock, we just depend on our normal body to wake us up as we are pretty early risers plus we use a wake up call if we think it is necessary.

You can order a bar set up for your room: it is about $40 for brands like Absolute, JW Red scotch and I think barcardi rum. I can't find the number to call right now, but if you are interested email me and I will try and get it for you. It has to be ordered 14 days in advance.

We are not big frozen drink people, but do like our regular cocktails and do not find them weak at all. They are pretty standard as far as we are concerned. As for the soda cards, again we drink few sodas so for us it wouldn't be a good deal, but for those who drink 3 or 4 a day go for it.

Nita
Old June 10th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Passenger

I had a frozen drink on the Dawn (poolside) and it was $9.00.
I did that once ! It was fun , but to be honest I didn't taste any alcohol in it. The mixed drinks were reasonable , but once again not strong at all. My husband is a beer drinker and they ranged from $5 - $8.00 a bottle.

I had my own stash of "water bottles" in the room - bought a nice insulated mug in the gift shop and sailed very comfortably the rest of the trip.

(If you're not adventurous the bar setup is the way to go!)

Have fun Cruis'n' ...... Louise!
Old June 10th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to BootScootBoogie0

Only 14 days and counting now. Its my girl friends first cruise as well and shes getting very excited. It will be my 7th. I am really enjoying being part of her excitement. LOOK out deck 9 here we come.

Ulster/Orange county couple looking forward to A week Of meetting new friends.
Rick and Cindy
Old June 10th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Admiral

have a great time and cruizinlouise is probably about right on the drink thing with the sourvenior glass. Of course I never taste booze in any of those drinks; I guess that is why I stick to the other stuff.