Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Beginner

Default Has anyone been on NCL Pride of Hawaii?

We are interested in booking Honeymoon on Pride of Hawaii. Would appreciate any reviews/photos of ship, food, service, etc. Looking to book a balcony room and wanted to know if they have any non-smoking rooms and balconies. We would like to be facing ocean seeing that ship is docked most of trip, does anyone know which side is facing the ocean most of time. Any tips on getting great deals?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Passenger

Default Pride of Hawaii

Hi Geno. My family is going on the POH on Aug 21st. My daughters first time on a cruise. I have spoke to alot of people about cruising in Hawaii and they said that is paradise. So I dont think you will go wrong. Its a brand new ship. We have a mini suite and the room number is 11076 which on the ocean side. Your very smart in getting a balcony. Its so nice just to be able to just sit and have coffee in the morning. This is our first time on NCL. We did a Celebrity Cruise 3 years ago to Alasaka which was just beautiful. Not sure about the non smoking thing. You will have to ask about that when you book. When are you getting married? I know there are some pictures on the photo galley. Just click on that and I think its on page 2 you will find pictures of the new ship. We went right thru NCL to book our flight and cruise. I think we got a pretty good deal. Keep me posted.
Old June 18th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Beginner

Hi; ck out their website's itinerary for your cruise to help you select which side you want, stbd. or port. if you want to see the islands as you go by, especially the Big Island to see the lava flow into the ocean at night,(from Hilo to Kona) pick the stbd. side.
*I* am very hesitant to cruise on their ships due to having U.S. wait staff.
I live in Kona, and have heard/read some very un-happy cruisers....
maybe ck out the "Dream", I belive they still have foreign crews and must make a side trip to Fanning Island....
Aloha,....Val
Old June 18th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Beginner

The wind still has foreign crew and their service was excellent, however their entertainment was lacking. The wind is an older ship, though. But they go to Fanning Island which was my favorite stop! If you go pay the extra for the island getaway it was the best move we made instead of sitting on the crowded island. The food was also excellent on the wind (except in the sports bar!) we never had anything bad to eat at the nicer sit down resteraunts.