Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Beginner

Default Overnight Rental Car parking Maui & Kauaiu Pride of Hawa

Any one know where I can park rental car overnight at Kahului Harbor on Maui and Nawiliwili Harbor on Kauai. On the Pride of Hawaii sailing 7/3/06. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Passenger

At Kauai I have been told that secure parking is available for $10.00 per night.

Several other people from another board said it was very convinent and well worth it!

Scoutdad
Old June 15th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Familiar Face

$10 per night seems resonable, what about on Maui? anybody?
Old June 15th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Beginner

How close in Kaua is parking, thanks for feedback.
Old June 20th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to redstangjt

In Maui, the parking is free, first come, first serve, altho we didn't have a problem finding a spot. The lot is within 50 yards of pier. In Kauai, the parking is $10.00 at an Excursion Center and Homemade Craft Plaza, and it is within 100 to 150 yards of pier, very close. You won't have a problem at either port. Great cruise, we were on the Pride of America, May 20th to 27th, would go again in an instant. Have a great time.
Jeannie
Old June 21st, 2006, 11:57 AM
Passenger

Jst back P of Aloha June 16th, 2006.
Rented cars bioth paorts no problems.
Kahului - just a 2 minute walk outside the security gate free on a space available basis - you can even see your car from the ship's windows/balconies.
Kauai - just a < 5minute walk outside security gate again at the "Aloha Market Place in designated parking spaces - you just have to pay them $10 for overnite. We expereienced no problems with parking at either port.
Old July 31st, 2006, 05:17 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to PennieJ

Hello,
I hope your July cruise was great! We are leaving on the Pride of Hawaii on 8/14 for 7 days and really looking forward to it!

May I ask where it is that you rented cars in Maui & Nawiliwili? Are they walking distance from the cruiseship port? I read in a post that it is difficult to get a taxi and we have a group of 14 total. Any help would be greatly appreciated.javascript:emoticon('8)')

Thanks,
Pennie
Old August 1st, 2006, 12:28 PM
Passenger

We rented from a variety of usual brands. In Kauai I beleive it was Alamo or National and they provided a shuttle sefice fro pier pickup to the car rental agency (usually @ airport except Honolulu & Kopna)).

On Maui we used Alamo. I rented all of my vehicles by using Entertinmant Haii 2006 discount promo codes or through www.carrentals.com and NEVER paid more than 41/day including Tx. & fees. We rented mostly mini-vans except for Maui disembarking day - I did a HOTWIRE for 13/ day - with taxes and fees came out 22/day a new Camry not too shabby - we spent the last day in Maui doing the Maui Ocean Center - since we had 6 in our family it was more econimical to rent a car than pay a taxi.

We had adult kids with various flights at various times of departure so it really saved to have the car.

Enjoy your trip. :
Old August 1st, 2006, 12:31 PM
Passenger

We rented from a variety of usual brands. In Kauai I beleive it was Alamo or National and they provided a shuttle sefice fro pier pickup to the car rental agency (usually @ airport except Honolulu & Kopna)).

On Maui we used Alamo. I rented all of my vehicles by using Entertainment Book Hawaii ($12.95) 2006 discount promo codes or through www.carrentals.com and NEVER paid more than 41/day including Tx. & fees. We rented mostly mini-vans except for Maui disembarking day - I did a PRICELINE.com for $13/ day - with taxes and fees came out $22/day a new Camry not too shabby - we spent the last day in Maui doing the Maui Ocean Center - since we had 6 in our family it was more econimical to rent a car than pay a taxi.

We had adult kids with various flights at various times of departure so it really saved to have the car.

Enjoy your trip. :