Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 20th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Admiral

Default NCL MAJESTY--final trip.....for us 9/10

Well, I did it...Moments ago I booked my beloved Majesty for probably the last tme..We are leaving on September 10th...Parrot Pop and I were on the original Royal Majesty on it's first year from Boston..Best of all I think the cabin we have is one we've had before....great location for us... BTW prices are right...and there are still cabins available..
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Passenger

why do you say last trip is the majesty leaving the fleet
Old June 20th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Passenger

there is no reposition cruise on the majesty next yr
Old June 20th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Admiral

Heard the Majesty was leaving at the end of 2007....I maybe wrong,b ut I'll find out.. Next fall want to do a re-posit. from Europe.. We've become hooked...on Europe...Also, want to see Bermuda before all the stores on Front Street are gone, St. George isn't the St. George we knew when we first sailed on the Royal Majesty...and i want to take a stroll in St. George through all those side streets we tourists/cruisers miss.... and best of all .. the Swizzle Inn...where we can have one last pitcher, a fish sandwich and wings...and listen to the Bermuda Symphony
Old June 21st, 2006, 06:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the Majesty afew weeks ago and we were told by one of the officers she would be sailing to Bermuda through 2009 and then be replaced.
Bob
Old June 21st, 2006, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Is the young gentleman, Leslie, from Bermuda, still on the ship and are there any of the old timers or did they go off to other ships. Maybe it won't be our last time..lol.. but we did a trans-Atlantic on Century from Barcelona last October and it was just wonderful...We dont want a port intensive cruise, but we want days at sea or with the Majesty...days in St George. Our last trip on it was two years ago...just about this time in June...before the kids get out of school and the other time is right after kids go back to school....I hope. At the Boston travel show I will check to see if the NCL Gem is going to be taking on passengers from Europe.. but I notice NCL doesn't take passengers on their voyage back here for th first time..I tried several times..
Old June 21st, 2006, 06:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

I don't recall anyone from the crew named Leslie on the ship. It seems they had a lot of new people on the staff. We have sailed 10 times on the Majesty and didn't see anyone that we recognized. The ship is still in good condition and is kept very clean.
Bob
Old June 21st, 2006, 07:18 PM
Admiral

Leslie is a gentleman from Bermuda...he gets picked up by family when he hits St. George..Do you remember a young female waiter from I think the Montenegro area? The last tme we were on board was two years ago in June.. This will be our 11th time on the Majesty,.. and I bet there are cruisers frm he Boston area that beat that.. We did try to go from NYC and the SEa a few years ago and ended up in Canada because of the hurricane that was bearing down on them.. NCL and others doesn't understand why the Majesty is so popular..they still don't get it.. I just wonder what they will replace her with.. As Majesty fan, I've cruised the Sky and the Sea/Seaward and I can tell y ou that although the old Sea had a big heart with a staff... you just can't beat the Majesty people, the convenience from Boston compared to flying to Miami and the fact it sits in St. George several days.. the Majesty is like a comfortable old shoe....and I can't wait.. Bob.. are you going in September?
Old June 22nd, 2006, 05:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

I don't think we will be going in September, we were there at the end of May. Some years we have gone twice but probably not this year.
We also did a TransAtlantic last spring and really enjoyed it and would like to do it again sometime soon.
Bob
Old June 22nd, 2006, 05:53 PM
Admiral

On the Majesty twice during a year!!!. We did a trans-Atlantic for our anniversary last year on Celebrity and loved it...17 days from Barcelona to Ft. lauderdale... heaven... Ihave tried to book trans-Atlantic on NCL but the one time I tried they were coming over without passengers..
Old June 22nd, 2006, 06:13 PM
Passenger

12 Night Westbound Transatlantic Cruise starting from *$1,099.00 USD

royal carribean jewel of the seas nice new ship ends in boston

Ship Name: Jewel Of The Seas
Departure Port: Harwich, England
Ports of Call: Harwich, England; Le Havre (Paris), France; Plymouth, England; Dublin, Ireland; Cork, Ireland; St. John's, Newfoundland; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Boston, Massachusetts
2007 Date(s): Sep 10

Stateroom:
Prices From*:
Interior Oceanview Balcony Deluxe & Suite
$1,099.00 $1,299.00 $1,699.00 $3,799.00

*Prices are per person, shown in U. S. Dollars, based on double occupancy and subject to change. Government taxes and fees are additional.

1 results
Old June 22nd, 2006, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Great itinerary....great....but wouldn't sail RC on a bet..it's a long story. The food, the staff and boy can I tell you a story about one of the staff members who I reported to RC)... and let's just say we sued them and WON..not many people can say that..lol.. Celebrity Century is another story...the only thing I missed was the "freestyle dining".. We went from Barcelona, Villafranche, Rome (we did Tuscany), Malaga (loved it), Corsica (could have lived without it), Porta Delardo, Nassau and then to Ft. Lauderdale.. I might have missed a port..lol.. with days at sea.. At the Travel Show in Boston in January of 2005 we came prepared with prices and cruises we wanted to take.. and the fact that we were prepared and knew what we wanted gave us "buying power".. and the cruise lines were bending over backwards to book us. January 2007 I will do the same thing.....lol..we love days at sea and don't want a port intensive cruise. NCL in Boston have their act together to embarking....RC in Harwich with a pre-cruise was a disaster... long, long lines out of the terminal.. One of the reasons we weren't at the end of the line was my husband wa walking with a cane... and could not stand in line for an hour....Celebrity in Barcelona was extremely efficient and because we had been upgraded to a Conceirge Level (told you that they wanted to book us badly) we were put in a special line and onboard within minutes... You have some great ports and I'm envious.. A friend is doing the Marco Polo (NCL) next week to Norway, Iceland, Sweden, etc..
Old June 25th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom
Great itinerary....great....but wouldn't sail RC on a bet..it's a long story. The food, the staff and boy can I tell you a story about one of the staff members who I reported to RC)... and let's just say we sued them and WON..not many people can say that..lol.. Celebrity Century is another story...the only thing I missed was the "freestyle dining".. We went from Barcelona, Villafranche, Rome (we did Tuscany), Malaga (loved it), Corsica (could have lived without it), Porta Delardo, Nassau and then to Ft. Lauderdale.. I might have missed a port..lol.. with days at sea.. At the Travel Show in Boston in January of 2005 we came prepared with prices and cruises we wanted to take.. and the fact that we were prepared and knew what we wanted gave us "buying power".. and the cruise lines were bending over backwards to book us. January 2007 I will do the same thing.....lol..we love days at sea and don't want a port intensive cruise. NCL in Boston have their act together to embarking....RC in Harwich with a pre-cruise was a disaster... long, long lines out of the terminal.. One of the reasons we weren't at the end of the line was my husband wa walking with a cane... and could not stand in line for an hour....Celebrity in Barcelona was extremely efficient and because we had been upgraded to a Conceirge Level (told you that they wanted to book us badly) we were put in a special line and onboard within minutes... You have some great ports and I'm envious.. A friend is doing the Marco Polo (NCL) next week to Norway, Iceland, Sweden, etc..
I know how you feel about the Majesty; that is how we felt about the Sea 18 months ago, less than a year before she left. We sailed her the first time when she was the Seaward. We too are not crazy over RCI; I am kinda wonderfing why someone would come on the NCL line and push RCI with prices etc. I am sure they will have a great cruise: As for the Marco Polo, let us know how they like it. I have had clients love the ship and others hate it. NMNita
Old June 26th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Admiral

Hi...long time no hear from.... Do you know we did the NCL Seaward the first year out...and then on it again a couple of years ago.. It had the biggest heart.. We were headed to Bermuda on the NCL Sea from NYC and a hurricane heading for Bermuda sent us to Canada..a vastly underrated cruise. We need a quick getaway from "retirement"... and with "home cruising" and the Majesty only 30 minutes from our home.. it's a winner. We have a friend who just loves the Marco Polo and will be back on it within the next week or two doing Europe after doing Antartica on her..There is something about smaller ships that makes me feel as if I'm actually cruising and not at a mega resort..