Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old June 28th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2
Default Norwegian cruise line - tipping procedure

Hi,
Shortly we will be cruising with NCL, a cruise company we have never used before. Our T/A told us we could have the set $10 pdpp tip removed and tip whomever we wished. On reading the brochure more carefully, I understand that this is not the case. Could someone who has used this cruise line recently care to enlighten me? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old June 28th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default

Yes, you can have the $10 taken off at anytime and tip whom you wish, but with freestyle this does not work as you may have a different wait staff everynight. Remember $10 per day is minimum and most lines are starting to follow the same policy or something similar. Unless you have a really terrrible experience there would be no reason to adjust the $10 and after you get used to this it is so much easier. If you do have a problem it is best to talk to management to see if a problem can be resolved.

On our last NCL cruise we kept the $10 per day on our statement and added extra tips in person for one particular cocktail waitress and our cabin steward. We also tipped in the specialty restaurants.

Of course this is optional and each person has to handle tipping in whatever way suits them as long as the crew does not get shafted. It is important for all of us to remember their salary, with the exception of those who work on the Hawaiin ships is almost non existant. They depend solely on our generosity to make a living. NMnita
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old June 28th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Fern's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,104
Default

I HATE (I really do) to disagree with nmnita as she is the "resident expert" on info from the NCL line, but from what I understood on our last cruise you can only remove the "set" tips if you go to the Purser's office, explain what problems you have during the cruise, and give them a chance to correct them.

This is from the NCL site and seems to contradict itself (My emphasis):

Quote:
What about Tipping?

SERVICE CHARGE
A fixed service charge of $10 per person, per day will be added to your onboard account. For children ages 3-12, a $5 per person per day charge will be added to your onboard account; there is no charge for children under the age of three. Our crew is encouraged to work together as a service team and is compensated by a combination of salary and incentive programs that the service charge supports. It is our earnest wish that you enjoy your Freestyle Cruise experience and that our entire crew in all areas of the ship will provide you with the standard of service for which NCL is known. Therefore, if you have any concerns about the service you receive during your cruise, please bring them to the immediate attention of our reception desk staff on board so that we can address any issues in a timely manner before the cruise is over.
Both NCL and NCL America have a structured guest satisfaction program on board designed to handle any concerns raised by our guests relating to the service or on board product quickly and efficiently. In almost all cases we are able to come up with a satisfactory solution to any issues which are raised and make sure our guests can focus on enjoying their cruise vacation. In the unlikely event we cannot satisfactorily resolve the issue through our guest satisfaction program, guests will be able to adjust the service charge according to the level of inconvenience they feel they have experienced. Our clear priority is to have the opportunity of resolving the issue, when it happens, to everyone’s complete satisfaction.

GRATUITIES
Unlike most other ships in the cruise industry, there is no required or recommended tipping on NCL America or Norwegian Cruise Line ships. Guests should not feel obliged to offer a gratuity for service that is generally rendered to all guests.
However, all of our staff are encouraged to "go the extra mile", and so they are permitted to accept cash gratuities entirely at the discretion of our guests who wish to acknowledge particular staff members for exceptional or outstanding service. In other words, there is genuinely no need to tip but you should feel free to do so if you have a desire to acknowledge particular individuals.

Also, certain staff positions provide service on an individual basis to only some guests. We encourage those guests to acknowledge good service from these staff members with appropriate gratuities. For example, for guests purchasing bar drinks the recommended gratuity is 15 percent. Similarly, for guests using concierge and butler services, we recommend they consider offering a gratuity commensurate with services rendered.
nmnita, HELP! I do agree that cruiser's should leave the auto tips, but what if you have really bad service that doesn't improve? And how can there be a fixed "service charge", but you don't "have" to tip ?
__________________
Fern

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old June 29th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2
Default

Hello again and thanks to Nmnita and Fern for your replies. Just to update you, this morning I have received confirmation from my TA and the $10 pdpp is referred to as a 'fixed service charge' and is NOT adjustable /removeable according to the documentation and NCL regulations. However, I have read on this site that at no stage is this service charge a legal requirement and the procedure is to sign a form (available from reception on a Friday ONLY - although NCL don't advertise this fact). Any further information gratefully received.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old June 29th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Junior Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Big Apple! NYC
Posts: 11
Default

I was on the NCL Dawn and I found that having the $10 svce charge already added to my fare very easy - it was one less thing to worry about. I did give a little more when I ordered drinks if the service was good. 8)
__________________
Happy Cruisin*

Cheryl
____________________
NCL Dawn ==> Countdown Clock:

Celebrity Horizon '92
Norweign Dawn '07
"hoping for a lot more!!"
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old June 29th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 201
Default

With freestyle dining, I really don't know that there is any easier way to tip. Since you don't have the same servers for meals, you'd have to have a fistful of dollar bills to leave on the table at each meal.

We've taken 3 NCL cruises and never had any trouble at all with the service. We've tipped our cabin steward a little bit extra for an exceptional job on a couple of the cruises. We've also chosen to request the same server, and left them an additional tip too.

Unless you are the kind of person (and I'm not assuming that, by any means) who stiffs the staff on traditional cruise lines, don't worry about it. As I understand it, the amounts that they suggest you hand out in little envelopes on the last night to your cabin steward, sever, maitre'd, and whoever else is on the "tipping list" works out to around $10 per day anyway.

By the way, I think I read recently that Carnival is also doing automatic tipping and billing it to the sign and sail card. I think it's the direction the industry is headed.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern
I HATE (I really do) to disagree with nmnita as she is the "resident expert" on info from the NCL line, but from what I understood on our last cruise you can only remove the "set" tips if you go to the Purser's office, explain what problems you have during the cruise, and give them a chance to correct them.

This is from the NCL site and seems to contradict itself (My emphasis):

Quote:
What about Tipping?

SERVICE CHARGE
A fixed service charge of $10 per person, per day will be added to your onboard account. For children ages 3-12, a $5 per person per day charge will be added to your onboard account; there is no charge for children under the age of three. Our crew is encouraged to work together as a service team and is compensated by a combination of salary and incentive programs that the service charge supports. It is our earnest wish that you enjoy your Freestyle Cruise experience and that our entire crew in all areas of the ship will provide you with the standard of service for which NCL is known. Therefore, if you have any concerns about the service you receive during your cruise, please bring them to the immediate attention of our reception desk staff on board so that we can address any issues in a timely manner before the cruise is over.
Both NCL and NCL America have a structured guest satisfaction program on board designed to handle any concerns raised by our guests relating to the service or on board product quickly and efficiently. In almost all cases we are able to come up with a satisfactory solution to any issues which are raised and make sure our guests can focus on enjoying their cruise vacation. In the unlikely event we cannot satisfactorily resolve the issue through our guest satisfaction program, guests will be able to adjust the service charge according to the level of inconvenience they feel they have experienced. Our clear priority is to have the opportunity of resolving the issue, when it happens, to everyone’s complete satisfaction.

GRATUITIES
Unlike most other ships in the cruise industry, there is no required or recommended tipping on NCL America or Norwegian Cruise Line ships. Guests should not feel obliged to offer a gratuity for service that is generally rendered to all guests.
However, all of our staff are encouraged to "go the extra mile", and so they are permitted to accept cash gratuities entirely at the discretion of our guests who wish to acknowledge particular staff members for exceptional or outstanding service. In other words, there is genuinely no need to tip but you should feel free to do so if you have a desire to acknowledge particular individuals.

Also, certain staff positions provide service on an individual basis to only some guests. We encourage those guests to acknowledge good service from these staff members with appropriate gratuities. For example, for guests purchasing bar drinks the recommended gratuity is 15 percent. Similarly, for guests using concierge and butler services, we recommend they consider offering a gratuity commensurate with services rendered.
nmnita, HELP! I do agree that cruiser's should leave the auto tips, but what if you have really bad service that doesn't improve? And how can there be a fixed "service charge", but you don't "have" to tip ?
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default

ok, let's see if we can get this straightened out? yes, it is considered a service fee someplaces and gratuities other places and yes it is automatic. NO, supposedly you can not have them removed without filling out a form stating why you want to adjust this; it can be done at anytime btw. NCL is not going to make a federal case out of this I can assure you. Now the question? What if you get really bad service and nothing is done? That is where the form would come in, you would let the pursers desk know. I will assure you, this is not going to happen. Not all service going to be absolutely perfect. As we all know you come in contact with many who are there to assist you and someone may not do as good a job as you would like, but overall service on most cruiselines is above anything we usually get anywhere. I hate to be this way, but I suspect anyone who is making such a deal out of this prior to cruising has an alterior motive. :o Fern, tech you are correct on how the tipping works, I was simplifing it for the OP.

NMNita
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old June 29th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Fern's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,104
Default

Thanks for the info, Nita!
__________________
Fern

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old June 30th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 42
Default

Hi All,
I'm heading to alaska on the Wind on July 9th (oh my gosh...it's right around the corner ) and I have to admit I am now looking forward to the automatic tips being included (was aprehensive about it in the begining). Past cruises I had to make sure ex amount of bills were put aside and not spent by family so as the hard working people would get $$.
Since this is my first freestyle cruise, and based on what I have read on the boards, I will still carry with me extra bills (for tipping only) and tip accordingly depending on the circumstances. I figure being on the ship for a week I am bound to run into some that will do a great job and a few that will do an ok job. I am candid enough to tell the one that does not do well how I feel (without being irate) but I really don't anticipate someone giving me such poor service that I would have to actually do something about it.
:o
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old July 4th, 2006, 02:29 AM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern
if you go to the Purser's office,
My cousin just got off this ship on July 1 and she had problems in her room and asked a staff member where the Pursers office was only to get a reply of.....Whats that?? She said the Pursers office and the staff member saidwe have a guest relations office that could help her. I'm going to see if I can get her to write up a BAD cruise report from about this ship.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old July 4th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern
if you go to the Purser's office,
My cousin just got off this ship on July 1 and she had problems in her room and asked a staff member where the Pursers office was only to get a reply of.....Whats that?? She said the Pursers office and the staff member saidwe have a guest relations office that could help her. I'm going to see if I can get her to write up a BAD cruise report from about this ship.
You are going to do what and why? You weren't on the ship. BTW, to many, especially the newer ship crew members do not use the term pursers anymore. The fact that he/she mentioned guest relations showed there was concern. I am not saying they shouldn't know what is meant by the pursers desk but I am saying, it is a term from days past. NMNita
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old July 7th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Junior Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zina
Hi All,
I'm heading to alaska on the Wind on July 9th (oh my gosh...it's right around the corner ) and I have to admit I am now looking forward to the automatic tips being included (was aprehensive about it in the begining). Past cruises I had to make sure ex amount of bills were put aside and not spent by family so as the hard working people would get $$.
Since this is my first freestyle cruise, and based on what I have read on the boards, I will still carry with me extra bills (for tipping only) and tip accordingly depending on the circumstances. I figure being on the ship for a week I am bound to run into some that will do a great job and a few that will do an ok job. I am candid enough to tell the one that does not do well how I feel (without being irate) but I really don't anticipate someone giving me such poor service that I would have to actually do something about it.
Zina, I think you will find the service on NCL more than adequate. Now they do things in teams, such as you have a cabin steward, but then there is an extra person whose sole job is to clean your bathroom everyday. The only thing you might see a difference in, is that the waitstaff in the dining room doen't schmooze with you like on other cruiselines. They are very efficient, and they do everything you ask, but you are not going to have a waiter who plays practical jokes on you, or talks to you about your day. The waitstaff on NCL just doesn't have the time. Yes, I agree with you that not having to worry about having to worry about the cash for the tips is a good thing. But I think on our last RCCL cruise, you could charge the tips, but then you had to worry if the right people were going to get the money.
__________________
Next Cruise . . .
7/9/2006
NCL Crown to Bermuda
Celebrating Parents 50th Anniversary
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old July 7th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default

got2cruise brings out some good points and gives some good tips. Actrually even the dining room wait staff will be more than willing to share their lives with you if you ask. They like to talk about home and what ships they have worked on or how long they have been on a particular ship, but as got2cruise mentioned they will no schmooze with you as much as on other lines. They are there to see you have what you want, are friendly and relaxed, but don't feel the need to pamper you just to get a tip. NMNita
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old July 7th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 42
Default

Hi all, well I will be heading out to Vancouver tomorrow and on the Wind Sunday. Thank you Got2Cruise & nmnita. I'm looking forward to the cruise and the experience.
Zina
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old July 26th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Junior Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: England
Posts: 19
Default

Recently returned from a cruise on the Norwegian Jewel. The daily service charge must be paid. It cannot be waived. I understand you can complain to the reception desk about the service charge that should be added to the alcohol you order and that charge will be suspended. Several people on my cruise complained and did not pay for this and quite rightly so with the alcohol being charged at high prices.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy
Recently returned from a cruise on the Norwegian Jewel. The daily service charge must be paid. It cannot be waived. I understand you can complain to the reception desk about the service charge that should be added to the alcohol you order and that charge will be suspended. Several people on my cruise complained and did not pay for this and quite rightly so with the alcohol being charged at high prices.
DAisy, this is just not the case: you can complain to the reception desk and get the gratuities removed. Yes, you may be made to feel pretty cheap, which unless you have had horrible service and can not get the problems resoved, you are, but it can be done. As for service charge on the alcohol, what are you taling about? Are you talking about what some ordered to be in their cabin prior to arrival (the $3.00 per bottle charge) or are you talking about the drinks we all get at the bars and for dinner? Drinks on NCL are high, they are exactly the same price or about as Celebrity, but how can anyone take the tips away from the servers because the cruise line charges more than we like to pay and how many of those who complain have purchased drinks in resaurants lately? Even in our little nothing town, they are getting up there. NYC< Dallas, Vegas are all charging $7 and up for martinis, $6 and up for regular cocktails and $6 plus for a glass of wine: many times a 15% tip has been added. NMNita 8)
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Junior Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 27
Default

Just wanted to add some insight since I have been back from my 7/9 cruise on the Crown. First of all, the service was AWESOME. The waitstaff had to work their hineys off. In the dining room, there were a few ocassions when one of our party of ten, received an entree, and then looked at it, and it wasn't what was expected. For example, my dd ordered turkey, she thought it would be an old fashioned turkey dinner, and it turned out to be turkey cutlets. . .without missing a heartbeat our waiter took it back and brought out another entree in a matter of minutes. Also, someplace I read a poster wondering if the cabin steward would make towel animals, if they weren't receiving an individual tip from you. The answer is Yes We jut love coming back to our cabin at night and seeing one of those guys, usually wearing a pair of our sunglasses. When we way our cabin steward, we complimented him, he seemed genuinely happy for the compliment. . .and the next night, another towel animal.

I think that if people realize that the TIP is not really a *TIP* as we know it, but actually the person's salary, then they would realize it is a Service Charge. Personally, I would just prefer if the cruiselines would add the $70 per person per week to the fare, and that would be that. Then, if you thought someone went over the standards to assist you, you could give them an additional tip. My parents gave the cabin steward an extra cash tip, because he did them some extra favors. We gave the hostess at the 7 seas a tip at the end of the cruise, because she was so nice to our family of ten, always making sure we were able to eat together. She was doing her job, we did not "bribe" her in the beginning, but we wanted to show her that we appreciated her work.

BTW, did you know that the waitstaff and cabinstewards only get one day off a MONTH? If you go to Le Bistro, you will have a waiter, and the next morning, you will see that same exact waiter at the Seven Seas for breakfast! We talked to a very lovely waitress from the Phillipines, and we almost made her cry, by accident, because she was married and had two children back in the Phillipines and hadn't seen them for 8 months.

Ok, enough with my .02 cents. . .of course this only my opinion.
__________________
Next Cruise . . .
7/9/2006
NCL Crown to Bermuda
Celebrating Parents 50th Anniversary
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default

Thanks for sharing with us: I didn't know they only got 1 day off, I do know they love port days and you can see why.

As for tips versus adding to the cruise, I actually like the tip idea better and I will tell you why. If they started the extra charge, pretty soon it wouldn't be enough and they would find other ways to get even more money. Also tips are not taxed the same way; that gives the crew a few extra bucks.

when people gripe about the $10 per day, they need to realize many countries as well as the Bahamas and now Florida add the tips (sorry service charge) to all checks. The Bahamas they even add it to your hotel room. Florida it is 17% no matter how many in the party or what you order. Many places in Europe it is 10% and Hong Kong is either 10% or 12%. This is not something only being done by NCL. NMNita
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old July 26th, 2006, 11:59 AM
BigE11378's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 602
Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378
Default

My best friend was on the Pride of Aloha in November he complained filled out the form on the first day and had all tips removed from his account, before they were added. He tipped everyone he had at a higher level than the $10 a day. It was just that he hates having tips automatic. We were on the Pride of American in October in a penthouse and had no problem with the 10 pppd . KEEP IN MIND THAT ALL CONCIERGES AND BUTLERS IN PENTHOUSES AND SUITES AND ALL STAFF IN THE BARS AND LOUNGES DO NOT GET A SHARE OF THE $10.00 PPPD SO IF YOU WANT TO TIP EXTRA TO KEEP THESE FOLKS IN MIND.
__________________
Eric Trautmann
Home Lines Doric 78, Oceanic, Homeric 85,Celebrity Horizon, Zenith,NCl Pride of America 05 (Honeymoon), Spirit 09-30-06,NCL Gem 12-29-07,NCL Spirit 5-17-08
NCL Dawn 7-27-08,NCL Sky 7-3-09
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old July 26th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Fern's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,104
Default

Hi BigE11378,

Quote:
My best friend was on the Pride of Aloha in November he complained filled out the form on the first day and had all tips removed from his account, before they were added. He tipped everyone he had at a higher level than the $10 a day. It was just that he hates having tips automatic.
The problem with this is that cash tips must be reported and pooled. If your friend's steward, waiters, etc. didn't receive the recommended amount from all passengers, they wouldn't be able to keep the entire cash tip your friend gave them. Of course it works the other way, too. If they received more than the $10.00 pp/pd they get the cash tips back.
__________________
Fern

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 42
Default

Hi All,
We got back from our cruise on the Wind to Alaska (7/9) and it was wonderful!!!3 families, 12 people, and we had a great time. Service was good and we actually tipped additionally to our stewards, waiters and bartenders. Anything we needed was brought to us in a timely manner. Since we frequented the same bar/coffee bar area (the same bartender and waitress were always waiting on us) and we tipped them extra on our last night because they came to know us and the service was good!!!
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:58 PM
BigE11378's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 602
Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378
Default

Funny story about tipping. We got back from our honeymoon (on the Pride of America) to go to my friends wedding (we were each others best men) and I was so used to tipping on the cruise and in Hawaii that I was tipping the waiters at their reception ...we got incredible service!!! They were not used to tips. I didnt realize what I was doing till it was pointed out to me.
__________________
Eric Trautmann
Home Lines Doric 78, Oceanic, Homeric 85,Celebrity Horizon, Zenith,NCl Pride of America 05 (Honeymoon), Spirit 09-30-06,NCL Gem 12-29-07,NCL Spirit 5-17-08
NCL Dawn 7-27-08,NCL Sky 7-3-09
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
additional, cocktail, cruise, cruises, free, handle, line, make, norwegian, norweigancruiselinetippingpolicy, policy, remove, style, tip, tipping, waitress, work

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE sidneyweiner Norwegian Cruise Lines 2 May 20th, 2008 09:15 AM
Hotel follows Cruise Line Tipping Policy venice Chit - Chat for Cruisers 5 August 26th, 2005 08:29 PM
Norwegian Cruise Line! young_knights_cheer Teen Cruisers 2 January 3rd, 2005 06:28 PM
Norwegian Cruise Line Bill Le Entertainment on Ships 2 May 3rd, 2004 08:45 PM
DESTINY TIPPING PROCEDURE Peter Carnival Cruise Lines 3 June 21st, 2003 12:13 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:00 PM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1