Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Dancyalien
Default Snuba or Sea Trek in St Thomas?

Hello All,

Im sailing on the Spirit Sept 30th. My husband and I are debating between doing snuba or the sea trek at coral world.

Does anyone have any recommendations to which is better?

Let me know. Thanks!

Carnival Inspiration, Sept 2009
NCL Sky, June 2009
NCL Sky, Nov 2008
Disney Wonder, April 2008
NCL Spirit, Sept 2006
NCL Pride of Aloha, March 2006
NCL Dawn, June 2004
Carnival Sensation, July 1998
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Passenger

Still have not made my decision but I was able to get some information regarding the differences. It may be a little bias because this it what the snuba people told me.

"As for differences between Sea Trek and Snuba. With Snuba you swim and breath beneath the surface wearing a snorkel mask, fins and a light weight belt (this allows you stay at the depth you want to stay at), in an area the size of a football field. With Sea Trek you wear a 70 pound helmet (should not feel so heavy in the water) and you walk on a path in an area about the size of half a tennis court."

NCL Sky, June 2009
NCL Sky, Nov 2008
NCL Spirit, Sept 2006
NCL Dawn, June 2004
Old July 11th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Passenger

Hey Jenn,
I actually went to coral world a few years ago, Did not do the sea trek, but you can see it from the coral world observatory. It appears to be a very small area or path with a guide rope you hold onto and follow. It looks like an interesting experience, walking along the ocean floor, But in such a small area I would think you would not get to experience much aquatic life. There was a beach at coral world that we went swimming at. It is only a few yards from the sea trek area. I would suggest if you have snorkel gear you just go to the beach and snorkel. You will probably see the same stuff.
Hope this helps.
How's the t/a business going
Jim
NCL Spirit 2006
NCL Dawn 2007
Explorer of the seas
Old July 19th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Passenger

Another option is to go on a private 1/2 day sailing trip. My husband and I did that 2 years ago and it was awesome. We sailed on Highpockets with Captain Kathleen, her crewman Bill and 4 other folks. We had two snorkel stops and a fantastic lunch served onboard her beautiful ship.

Visit the website (http://pws.prserv.net/sailhighpockets) and check it out! We were picked up at the dock, delivered to the mooring sight and spent an incredible time! Highly recommended...........The pictures on her website do not lie!
Old July 19th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Passenger

Another option is to go on a private 1/2 day sailing trip. My husband and I did that 2 years ago and it was awesome. We sailed on Highpockets with Captain Kathleen, her crewman Bill and 4 other folks. We had two snorkel stops and a fantastic lunch served onboard her beautiful ship.

Visit the website (http://pws.prserv.net/sailhighpockets) and check it out! We were picked up at the dock, delivered to the mooring sight and spent an incredible time! Highly recommended...........The pictures on her website do not lie!
Old July 20th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Passenger

8) Thanks so much for the link. I will definitely take a look at this tour. Its so funny how everytime you start narrowing down what you are going to do you find more options. This is so great!! Everyone on this site has been so helpful. I would have never found these tours on my own.

Any suggestions for Kings Wharf? We were going to get the bus pass and take it to horseshoe bay. I heard its a nice beach and it will help cut my excursion costs a little.

NCL Sky, June 2009
NCL Sky, Nov 2008
NCL Spirit, Sept 2006
NCL Dawn, June 2004
Old July 20th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Passenger

Horseshoe Bay is more than "a nice beach" - it's breaktakingly beautiful with fine, fine pink sand (color comes from crushed coral I believe), lots of little nooks and crannies to wander around and through until you emerge into tiny coves that make you feel you're the only ones there.

I wouldn't miss this beach for anything. The bus will leave you off at the top of the hill. Walk down and you'll find the entrance to the beach. Now, my best tip for when the day is over, pay the $1 fare and take the mini-bus "Trip to the Top" - you'll be surprised at how tired you will be after spending the day on Horseshoe.
Old July 21st, 2006, 07:50 AM
Passenger

Default Thanks

8) Thanks so much!

NCL Sky, June 2009
NCL Sky, Nov 2008
NCL Spirit, Sept 2006
NCL Dawn, June 2004