CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   MORE QUESTIONS for NCL rewards program (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/317606-more-questions-ncl-rewards-program.html)

kimbo July 21st, 2006 06:45 PM

MORE QUESTIONS for NCL rewards program

actually....its a wierd question. How do you convince yourself or spouse to try another cruise line once you started this?!! I love ncl, planning on one in april, but would really love to try RCI. But if we cruise in april...that will be even more $$$$ off the next ncl!!! RCI is so pricey, but want to try it! What do you do? :-?

Fern July 21st, 2006 08:45 PM

Hi kimbo,

We don't "worry" about any of the Rewards Programs. If we find an itinerary we like and a ship we like, we GO! If we get "something" for booking, all the better :) .

There are certainly some advantages to re-booking on the same line, but we've found that we can usually get the same lower prices from our TA.

I think you can possibly find a comparable cruise on RCCL for about the same price, if you search for it and have a TA!

Just IMHO,

Dancyalien July 22nd, 2006 10:30 AM

I know how you feel. I have been on Carnival once and my husband has only been on NCL. We have had such great trips on NCL that its hard to try another line. I have found that NCL usually has a better rate and so far I've liked their itinerarys better.

I think its more important to find the intierary that suits your needs at a price you can afford rather than worrying about which line you are on. Every line has good and bad things about them.

For us we will probably stick with NCL unless another cruiseline has a better itinerary and price.

Magnolia Blossom July 22nd, 2006 04:26 PM

We've sailed RCI, Carnival, NCL, Princess, Celebrity, and the nowdefunked Commodore. I sail it by price and itinerary. Now, having said that, remember I am the queen of freebies and love those MBNA points for NCL and dabbled with Carnival's SeaMiles program (yuk), but I think you owe it to yourself to try RCI. I mean, you don't always eat chocolate ice cream even though it's you favorite, do you?

We enjoyed experiencing the grandeur of the voyager class ships with RCL and even though we prefer freestyle or any time dining with NCL and Princess, I am not about to turn down a good deal with some one else.

There are several excellent web sites where you can compare prices by the week. One advertises here often and allows you to pick a week and destination and it lets you scroll through all the specials. Once you find the special offers you can usually get your TA to book that rate if you prefer not to use that internet company.

Since I know you've posted in the past about your mbna points, remember that you can still sail RCI while charging it and accruing NCL points for a later cruise.

As for your hubby - just leave those gorgeous brochures laying about the house - that oughta' do it!

kimbo July 22nd, 2006 08:25 PM

I dont know how to quote but... I like the one magnolia said, "you don't always eat chocolate ice cream even though it's you favorite, do you? "
cute. (as far as mbna....we've racked in so far about $500 off our next ncl cruise!!! wooohooo!)

And all of you are right! He will see...we've just about exhausted the eastern/western caribean....so itinery will probably do it! When we get with our TA in the next couple of weeks to book our ncl in april...I'll put her to work for something "different".

Thanks yall!

Fern July 22nd, 2006 08:53 PM

Hi kimbo,

It's easy to quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimbo
I dont know how to quote but... I like the one magnolia said, "you don't always eat chocolate ice cream even though it's you favorite, do you? "

When you're in "Post a reply" just select, copy and paste what you want to quote and click on "Quote" above. If you want to say "Magnolia Blossom wrote", after the first [ quote], before the last bracket, put = "Magnolia Blossom" and you'll get Magnolia Blossom wrote:

If you want to send someone to another site on this board, copy the address shown in your browser, select, and click URL above. (This works for other sites but be careful not to violate the TOS here :shock:. For instance you can direct someone to a city's site, i.e. www.Galveston.com, but not to another cruise site or commercial site. )

We've done the Eastern and Western Caribbean several times because I HATE to fly. Our next cruise leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale so I'm going to have to fly. Not looking forward to that, but at least we'll be seeing some new ports :) .

kimbo July 23rd, 2006 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fern
Hi kimbo,

It's easy to quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimbo

When you're in "Post a reply" just select, copy and paste what you want to quote and click on "Quote" above. If you want to say "Magnolia Blossom wrote", after the first [ quote], before the last bracket, put = "Magnolia Blossom" and you'll get Magnolia Blossom wrote:

If you want to send someone to another site on this board, copy the address shown in your browser, select, and click URL above. (This works for other sites but be careful not to violate the TOS here :shock:. For instance you can direct someone to a city's site, i.e. www.Galveston.com, but not to another cruise site or commercial site. )

We've done the Eastern and Western Caribbean several times because I HATE to fly. Our next cruise leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale so I'm going to have to fly. Not looking forward to that, but at least we'll be seeing some new ports :) .

=Fern wrote

geeze!! I didnt even see that quote button staring me in the face. Thanks fern