Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:45 PM
First Mate

Default MORE QUESTIONS for NCL rewards program

actually....its a wierd question. How do you convince yourself or spouse to try another cruise line once you started this?!! I love ncl, planning on one in april, but would really love to try RCI. But if we cruise in april...that will be even more $$$$ off the next ncl!!! RCI is so pricey, but want to try it! What do you do?
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2006, 08:45 PM
Admiral

Hi kimbo,

We don't "worry" about any of the Rewards Programs. If we find an itinerary we like and a ship we like, we GO! If we get "something" for booking, all the better .

There are certainly some advantages to re-booking on the same line, but we've found that we can usually get the same lower prices from our TA.

I think you can possibly find a comparable cruise on RCCL for about the same price, if you search for it and have a TA!

Just IMHO,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:30 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Dancyalien

I know how you feel. I have been on Carnival once and my husband has only been on NCL. We have had such great trips on NCL that its hard to try another line. I have found that NCL usually has a better rate and so far I've liked their itinerarys better.

I think its more important to find the intierary that suits your needs at a price you can afford rather than worrying about which line you are on. Every line has good and bad things about them.

For us we will probably stick with NCL unless another cruiseline has a better itinerary and price.

Carnival Inspiration, Sept 2009
NCL Sky, June 2009
NCL Sky, Nov 2008
Disney Wonder, April 2008
NCL Spirit, Sept 2006
NCL Pride of Aloha, March 2006
NCL Dawn, June 2004
Carnival Sensation, July 1998
Old July 22nd, 2006, 04:26 PM
Captain

We've sailed RCI, Carnival, NCL, Princess, Celebrity, and the nowdefunked Commodore. I sail it by price and itinerary. Now, having said that, remember I am the queen of freebies and love those MBNA points for NCL and dabbled with Carnival's SeaMiles program (yuk), but I think you owe it to yourself to try RCI. I mean, you don't always eat chocolate ice cream even though it's you favorite, do you?

We enjoyed experiencing the grandeur of the voyager class ships with RCL and even though we prefer freestyle or any time dining with NCL and Princess, I am not about to turn down a good deal with some one else.

There are several excellent web sites where you can compare prices by the week. One advertises here often and allows you to pick a week and destination and it lets you scroll through all the specials. Once you find the special offers you can usually get your TA to book that rate if you prefer not to use that internet company.

Since I know you've posted in the past about your mbna points, remember that you can still sail RCI while charging it and accruing NCL points for a later cruise.

As for your hubby - just leave those gorgeous brochures laying about the house - that oughta' do it!
Old July 22nd, 2006, 08:25 PM
First Mate

I dont know how to quote but... I like the one magnolia said, "you don't always eat chocolate ice cream even though it's you favorite, do you? "
cute. (as far as mbna....we've racked in so far about $500 off our next ncl cruise!!! wooohooo!)

And all of you are right! He will see...we've just about exhausted the eastern/western caribean....so itinery will probably do it! When we get with our TA in the next couple of weeks to book our ncl in april...I'll put her to work for something "different".

Thanks yall!
Old July 22nd, 2006, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Hi kimbo,

It's easy to quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo
I dont know how to quote but... I like the one magnolia said, "you don't always eat chocolate ice cream even though it's you favorite, do you? "
When you're in "Post a reply" just select, copy and paste what you want to quote and click on "Quote" above. If you want to say "Magnolia Blossom wrote", after the first [ quote], before the last bracket, put = "Magnolia Blossom" and you'll get Magnolia Blossom wrote:

If you want to send someone to another site on this board, copy the address shown in your browser, select, and click URL above. (This works for other sites but be careful not to violate the TOS here . For instance you can direct someone to a city's site, i.e. www.Galveston.com, but not to another cruise site or commercial site. )

We've done the Eastern and Western Caribbean several times because I HATE to fly. Our next cruise leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale so I'm going to have to fly. Not looking forward to that, but at least we'll be seeing some new ports .

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Old July 23rd, 2006, 05:48 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern
Hi kimbo,

It's easy to quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo
When you're in "Post a reply" just select, copy and paste what you want to quote and click on "Quote" above. If you want to say "Magnolia Blossom wrote", after the first [ quote], before the last bracket, put = "Magnolia Blossom" and you'll get Magnolia Blossom wrote:

If you want to send someone to another site on this board, copy the address shown in your browser, select, and click URL above. (This works for other sites but be careful not to violate the TOS here . For instance you can direct someone to a city's site, i.e. www.Galveston.com, but not to another cruise site or commercial site. )

We've done the Eastern and Western Caribbean several times because I HATE to fly. Our next cruise leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale so I'm going to have to fly. Not looking forward to that, but at least we'll be seeing some new ports .
=Fern wrote

geeze!! I didnt even see that quote button staring me in the face. Thanks fern