Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Passenger

Default Info for nmnita Re NCL Poor Billing Procedure

Have not sailed yet on the Star, and am already annoyed with NCL for their sloppy and incorrect billing practices. They would only talk to my TA, and I wasted a lot of her time.

NCL kept saying that it was not their fault, and they can sympathize with me, but it was the fault of Chase Manhattan Bank. But if NCL farm out their work, they are responsible, and should clear up the mess as soon as possible. Mess was not cleared up, but my credit company credited me with the $68.74 , which should have come from NCL

Here briefly is their sloppy work:
Post Date
Mar 01 $1,008 Canadian which I only approved.
Mar 02 $1,008 Canadian billed again
Mar 10 $1,008 was removed, but refunded in US funds- $1,144.86
Mar 23 $1,008 Canadian billed again
Nar 27 $1,008 Canadian was removed
Mar 29 $1,008 billed again, but in US funds for $1,213.60
Mar 30 $1,008 Credit

In case you say it is the credit card company error, I checked that out, and it is definitely NCL.

I check my credit card charges daily to see if everything is in order. These extra billings caused me a lot of anger.

What I was going to do is when we fill in our comment card, I was just going to mention these errors.

Final payment is due in September. Hope it goes well.
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Info for nmnita Re NCL Poor Billing Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisequeen69
Have not sailed yet on the Star, and am already annoyed with NCL for their sloppy and incorrect billing practices. They would only talk to my TA, and I wasted a lot of her time.

NCL kept saying that it was not their fault, and they can sympathize with me, but it was the fault of Chase Manhattan Bank. But if NCL farm out their work, they are responsible, and should clear up the mess as soon as possible. Mess was not cleared up, but my credit company credited me with the $68.74 , which should have come from NCL

Here briefly is their sloppy work:
Post Date
Mar 01 $1,008 Canadian which I only approved.
Mar 02 $1,008 Canadian billed again
Mar 10 $1,008 was removed, but refunded in US funds- $1,144.86
Mar 23 $1,008 Canadian billed again
Nar 27 $1,008 Canadian was removed
Mar 29 $1,008 billed again, but in US funds for $1,213.60
Mar 30 $1,008 Credit

In case you say it is the credit card company error, I checked that out, and it is definitely NCL.

I check my credit card charges daily to see if everything is in order. These extra billings caused me a lot of anger.

What I was going to do is when we fill in our comment card, I was just going to mention these errors.

Final payment is due in September. Hope it goes well.
Hey, slow down and back up: first and foremost, why are you directing this to me? I am not your agent and I am not a NCL rep, so what do I have to do with this? 2nd; if you are an experienced cruiser at all, you know what was told to you about going through your TA is true. Once you book with a travel agent they are totally in charge of your reservation. If it had been me I would have simply turned the entire thing over to them. You have absolutely no way of knowing if this was a computer error, NCL human error or a bank error and neither do I. It doesn't make any difference who was at fault, I too would have come unglued and obviously you have so you think it's ok to lash out at anyone. I truely am sorry for the trouble this caused you, i bet everyone of us, monthly dispute at least one bill. I know we had to call two different companies in the past week with corrections because of errors made by somebody. Be thankful you check you credit card billing daily.

As for NCL contracting out their work, I have no idea where that came from. Are they responsible if they do this? I really don't think so, but that is for another discussion. I do not think they contract their work btw. NMNita 8)
Old July 28th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Passenger

Sorry nmnita:

I read on another board someplace that you were an expert with NCL.

I was reading the messages on this board, and saw your name mentioned with a question, so I just decided to post.

Sorry
Old July 28th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisequeen69
Sorry nmnita:

I read on another board someplace that you were an expert with NCL.

I was reading the messages on this board, and saw your name mentioned with a question, so I just decided to post.

Sorry
Absolutely no problem: as I said I do understand your frustration but I also don't think anyone knows who is at fault when these things happen. As for an expert: well only because I do sell them a lot and do cruise them quite a bit, plus I am certified as an expert: what that means I have no idea. It's just a fancy title.
Old July 28th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Hi Nita,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nita
As for an expert: well only because I do sell them a lot and do cruise them quite a bit, plus I am certified as an expert: what that means I have no idea. It's just a fancy title.
I think you're selling yourself short! You ARE our NCL expert. I do understand that you can't help cruisequeen69. She has her own TA.

Hi cruisequeen69,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisequeen
They would only talk to my TA, and I wasted a lot of her time.
Please don't worry about "wasting" your TA's time. That's what they do. If she gives you an "attitude" about your questions you need to find another TA!

She should have been able to straighten this mess out for you without any problems.

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old July 28th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Passenger

Fern:

thanks.

I feel better already.

It was that there were so many wrong entries, and since I check my credit card charges everyday, (that is so that they are still fresh in my mind, and I don't forget when the final statement comes) - senior moment.

I just felt bad that she had to deal with all this mess, and was not getting anywhere with it.

So what I should have done was then give her the whole file of errors, and let her handle it herself, instead of trying to help her and settle myself.
Old July 29th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378

Nita,
What type of lic. does a person need to become a TA?
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old July 29th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE11378
Nita,
What type of lic. does a person need to become a TA?
WEll you don't need a marriage lisence, that's for sure, but I have one of those also. There was a time when attending Travel school was requred and I wish it still was, that being said, you don't need any but it does depend on who you are going to work for and what they want from you. I have worked for a very large, independently owned agency in Texas; we did a hugh volumn, I loved my work, but hated the surroundings. I decided when we moved to NM just to forget it and retire. Long story, next thing I knew I was back at it.

Pretty much the latest trend is the "work for home" approach. Some actually own franchises, others like me work for agencies. My boss is located in San Francisco. Can you beleive it? Anyway there is a little more to it, but I am simplifying it for you. The money isn't great, the more contacts you have the better; I can't imagine doing anything other than what I do or working for any other company. If you want to email me feel free to do so.

Nita
Old July 30th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Dancyalien

I had a similar problem with expedia. The balance of my cruise was about $400 and when we checked the credit card I was charged over $500. I called up expedia and they had a note on my account that a refund for the difference had already been issued. The next day my credit card was credited.

Long story short they refunded me too much money, shhhhhhhhh, Im not saying anything.

Carnival Inspiration, Sept 2009
NCL Sky, June 2009
NCL Sky, Nov 2008
Disney Wonder, April 2008
NCL Spirit, Sept 2006
NCL Pride of Aloha, March 2006
NCL Dawn, June 2004
Carnival Sensation, July 1998