Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2006, 05:13 PM
First Mate

Default WE ARE BOOKED!

We just booked today!!! woo hoo We are cruising the NCL SUN out of New Orleans in april 07! It will be our first balcony cabin too!!!!!!! 8)
First time to belize and guatamala. If anyone has any pointers to share about the port or ship or belize, that would be great to hear. Hope we have as great as a time this time as we did on our last ncl. Loved the freestyle!
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Admiral

How many of you? Is it DH and you or are there kids as well? I ask because there are a couple of pretty good things to do in Belize: one, tubing with I beleive the guy is Reggie. Anyway, everyone says it is the best. I think there is a canapy excursion as well. Unless I was going to do something like that I would not plan on much in Belize. I would just tender in, walk around the little pier shopping mall, which is very nice and head back to ship to enjoy a quiet day around the pool.

As for the Sun herself, she is truely a great ship, clean, nice cabins, wonderful staff and some really good food. Be sure and his Las Rambles for tapas at least once. NMNita
Old August 4th, 2006, 10:37 PM
First Mate

nmnita, it will be me, hubby and daughter 5years old. would love to do the tubing, but not sure about the little one. the canapy tour is that like a tour of the rainforest canapy? I have a friend going to belieze next month going to have her check into a couple of things for me too.

we booked through our TA so it will be easier to use our ncl rewards. we should have at least one 500$ certificate to pay towards it within the next month. Anyway, she got us cabin #9277 and it appears it is on the back of the ship. That seems it would be pretty good right?
Thanks for the info!
Old August 4th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378

Isnt a great feeling when the vacation is booked?
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old August 4th, 2006, 10:45 PM
First Mate

you know it! 8)
Old August 5th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo
you know it! 8)
the aft part of the ship is usually very desirable even though it is more walking: good for the legs. I am a sit on my A33 person except when I am doing my yearly canning (like this time of the year) when we cruise I always have sore legs at the end which makes me know I have worked those muscles; I always swear to continue when I get home, but the walk from our cabin (bedroom) to the kitchen just isn't the same.

yes, the canapy trip is in the rain forest. As for the little one, you would probably need to check about tubing and her. I think she may be a little young, but it isn't like really white water tubing I hear. I sure if you have the opportunity you will do a swim with the dolphins or feed the stingrays. We did the snorkeling, sting ray excursion last year in Grand Cayman; what an awesome time we had and got great and funny pictures.

I know you will have an awesome time. If you have any questions I am sure any of us who have sailed the Sun would be glad to answer them. BTW, just read on another board: only 5 ships got CDC rating of 100% on the last inspection, the Sun was one of them.
Old August 5th, 2006, 09:12 PM
First Mate

Woohoo! As sponge bob square pants would say, "I'm Ready!"
Old August 6th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Captain

The Sun is one of my favorite ships, too. We are sailing her again in November. It's a very easy ship to get around on and your little one will like the ice cream bar (sure, blame it on the little one).

There is a neat 2 story restaurant (can't remember the name) to the left of the pier that has great cocount shrimp in Belize. Not much else to do there but there's usually a local band playing in the shopping center so it's kinda' nice to buy a local beer and kick back and listen. A few of the shops there have pretty little velvet purses with colorful embroider. They are usually cheap, cheap and make nice little gifts. I use one as my evening clutch on formal nights. There is also a nice little internet cafe whose rates are mucho cheaper than the ship.

We've not been to Guatamala (by cruise ship, anyway) so can't tell you anything now. But the internet research I've done looks promising.
Watch for my post when we return.

enjoy!
Old August 6th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Admiral

oh, after reading Magnolia Blossoms comments I remember one more thing about Belize. If you go just about 1 block (no more please) behind the main shopping area you will see locals seeing their goods: I got some really cute gifts for almost nothing: I did bargain and of course you have to pay cash, but things like hand made jewelry and the likes are really fun to bring home. NMNita
Old August 6th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Passenger

NCL has an awesome kid's program on all their ships. Your 5 year old will love it. We took our 5 year old grandson to Alaska last year and he couldn't wait to get back to the activities. They keep each age group busy with appropriate projects. Seemed very organized, and gave grandma and grandpa some "quite time" Have a good time.
Old August 6th, 2006, 08:59 PM
First Mate

I'm getting excited with all the positive feedback on the sun! Loved the icecream bar on the ncl jewel, so looking forward to my 3 icecreams a day, oh I mean my daughter is looking forward to it
Shopping sounds good. Love all that jewelry and hand made stuff. We may do a tour of some kind, or I may send my DH to do the tour while me and DD shop! Definetly gotta get some coconut shrimp.

Yes I know about the quite time!!! We missed that when we did the disney cruise last time. I felt obligated to make sure she got to do and see all the events/characters...so we didnt have much. On our last ncl cruise though, it was just wonderful! no stressing to go see/do anything and she enjoyed the kids crew! (we enjoyed the quiet dinners!)

Cant wait to read your review in november magnolia!