Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2006, 10:19 AM
Passenger

Default Replace of the Majesty

Does anyone know if and when the Majesty is going to be replaced out of Boston and which ship is it going to be?
http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown...=22&hour=16:00
Splendor of the Sea 4/5/1997
Sun Princess 4/15/2002
Carnival Glory 4/17/2004
NCL 6/4/2006
NCL 6/22/2008
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2006, 12:41 PM
Admiral

That is the number one question of all Majesty lovers..We will be on the ship on the 9th for the 11th time.. There is talk it is here until 2009...No one seems to have an answer.. They can't really put a bigger ship into St. George UNTIL they can work on the ""divide"..and as far as I knew.. Bermuda isn't anxious to thin out the cut again.
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the ship in May and they said it will sail until 2009 but were not sure if it would be replaced or not. One officer said maybe the Sun would replace the Majesty.
Bob
Old August 24th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Let's see if we get a different answer..lol...The other day found an invitation to dinner wth the Captain of the ROYAL MAJESTY in 1995 and we had already sailed it a few years in a row..lol.. Just keep in mind...that the NCL Majesty is their most REBOOKED ship in the line, it was the first cruise ship to ever be cut in half and over 220 rooms added...So, it makes sense to bring a bigger ship into the Black Falcon Pier...and one with b alconies no les. I've heard from a friends daughter who works for NCL that the Sun is a very well run ship, better than the Dawn...So, how many of us are going to b ook a new ship immediately after we hear which ship it is.. As it is I'm thrilled I've just heard Jane L. Powell is going to be on the cruise on the 9/10 splitting with the Crown..LIFE IS GOOD
Old August 24th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom
Let's see if we get a different answer..lol...The other day found an invitation to dinner wth the Captain of the ROYAL MAJESTY in 1995 and we had already sailed it a few years in a row..lol.. Just keep in mind...that the NCL Majesty is their most REBOOKED ship in the line, it was the first cruise ship to ever be cut in half and over 220 rooms added...So, it makes sense to bring a bigger ship into the Black Falcon Pier...and one with b alconies no les. I've heard from a friends daughter who works for NCL that the Sun is a very well run ship, better than the Dawn...So, how many of us are going to b ook a new ship immediately after we hear which ship it is.. As it is I'm thrilled I've just heard Jane L. Powell is going to be on the cruise on the 9/10 splitting with the Crown..LIFE IS GOOD
Golly Parrot Mom, I didn't realize you were sailing her for the 11th time. WOW!.

Nita
Old August 24th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Yes Nita, have sailed the Majesty from the first cruise from Boston (we were on it right after the sale when there was absolute chaos with the crew)...have missed a few years, but I expect there are others out there in this area who have cruised her much more often than I have.. It is our hotel on water..we leave our home and are at the port on a Sunday morning in under one hour..more like 45 minutes if even that.. The FRIENDLY (compared to Miami) longshoremen unload our luggage, we drive normally across the road and park in a covered and secured garage for now $14.00 per day.. and within few minutes are usually on board.. There are people as you know who do not want to fly (not us), we consider it a floating hotel...and the fact that Bermuda is so welcoming to tourists and cruisers makes a big difference.. The hassle of catching a plane to Florida...staying over a few days... then having the longshoremen keep you on a bus until almost sailing time (it's happened), disembarking, getting the luggage and flying home is stressful and we;'ve lost a day of vacation. Right night I'm hooked on flying to europe and cruising Europe... which I'm researching for fall of 2007. This trip I have a Bermuda plan for our days there... Bermuda is changing.. and not for the better...Swizzle Inn will be our first stop...Wednesday the ferry from St. George to the Dockyard, Thursday, maybe, maybe Hamilton and Friday...wandering the streets of St. George with Parrot Pop and back to the ship by noon..or a Horse and Buggy ride around St. George..Last trip I discovered many charming little side streets and gardens...
Old April 26th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Passenger

Default Replacement of the Majesty from Boston

It looks like the Dream will be the replacement. [2007/2008]
Henry
http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown...=22&hour=16:00
Splendor of the Sea 4/5/1997
Sun Princess 4/15/2002
Carnival Glory 4/17/2004
NCL 6/4/2006
NCL 6/22/2008
Old April 26th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Default NCL Majesty Replacement

The latest "poop" from one of the boards and a cruising friend is it's going to be the NCL Dream... a favorite of many small ship cruisers.. I for one will welcome it when and if it shows up here in Boston in 2008. Until they are able to get larger ships into St. George threy will have to stick with the Dream...
Old April 26th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Yeoman

Of course the Dream isn´t like the newest ships but as a replacement for the Majesty I think it´s perfect, because of the smaller size on it.

We have cruised on the Wind, which is exactly the same as the Dream, and it was very cosy, but not as luxury as the new ships.
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Default NCL Dream

When we were on the ship in September 2006 (the week of the storm in Bermuda) Parrot Mom ran into the Captain having a smoke on the pool deck and I asked him directly. He did not have an answer.. We talked about the Majesty leaving and his comment was in so many words "it's like cars, everybody wants bigger and better".. A few ship names were bantered around in the conversation and the Dream was not one.. The other problem and this is the serious part.. is that the Bermudians do ot want to enlarge the cut in St. George... and frankly, I'm behind them.. The cut has already been altered at least twice.. I've been a few mega ships, a mid-size ship considered high end...and I must say I'm booked on another line for a trans-atlantic, but it's one of their older ships that will be re-fitted next year I'm sure.. Call me old fashioned, but bowling alleys, ice skating rinks and water slides don't attract me.. it's the ports and the size of the ship. Do Ithink I could take doing Bermuda for the TWELFTH TIME..on a new ship!! Probably, our experience food-wise on the Majesty was so negative last September that I'm sure things have improved.. and I will definetely think about it next year... unless something comes up on another line whose offer of exotic ports attract me.... like Morocco lol
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Default NCL Dream

When we were on the ship in September 2006 (the week of the storm in Bermuda) Parrot Mom ran into the Captain having a smoke on the pool deck and I asked him directly. He did not have an answer.. We talked about the Majesty leaving and his comment was in so many words "it's like cars, everybody wants bigger and better".. A few ship names were bantered around in the conversation and the Dream was not one.. The other problem and this is the serious part.. is that the Bermudians do ot want to enlarge the cut in St. George... and frankly, I'm behind them.. The cut has already been altered at least twice.. I've been a few mega ships, a mid-size ship considered high end...and I must say I'm booked on another line for a trans-atlantic, but it's one of their older ships that will be re-fitted next year I'm sure.. Call me old fashioned, but bowling alleys, ice skating rinks and water slides don't attract me.. it's the ports and the size of the ship. Do Ithink I could take doing Bermuda for the TWELFTH TIME..on a new ship!! Probably, our experience food-wise on the Majesty was so negative last September that I'm sure things have improved.. and I will definetely think about it next year... unless something comes up on another line whose offer of exotic ports attract me.... like Morocco lol
Old April 29th, 2007, 05:08 PM
First Mate

I recently read on the other forum about the Dream taking the place of the Majesty.

I wonder if the great crew on the Majesty will transfer to the Dream. Why do that? They are just trading one older ship for another. I wish that NCL would keep the Majesty on the Boston Bermuda run, or order some mid-sized new builds which could call in smaller ports.

Bigger is not always better. As Parrotmom stated, we don't always need rock climbing walls & bowling alleys on ships.

Barb
Old April 29th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Admiral

Default Crews

Would not be surprised if with the transfering of one of their ships to Europe that many of the European crew would like to follow when there current contracts are up.. From what I understand the Dream crew are pretty dedicated and I do agree about the mid-size ships..