CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Old Lahaina Luau or NCL's Pacific Paradise Luau (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/320565-old-lahaina-luau-ncls-pacific-paradise-luau.html)

tnt36 September 13th, 2006 08:33 PM

Old Lahaina Luau or NCL's Pacific Paradise Luau

Any suggestions on a luau in Maui?
We are cruising on the Pride of Hawaii, the October 30th sailing. We are trying to decide whether to book the luau with NCL tours - Pacific Paradise of whether to book our own luau, specifically the Old Lahaina Luau.

We are planning on renting a car for the two days in Maui, thus transportation to Lahaina is not an issue. Looks like the costs are about the same.

Kuki September 15th, 2006 03:13 PM

I personally think the Old Lahaiana Luau is the best in the islands, and also the most beautiful setting. I'd do that one again in hot second.

Merg55 September 28th, 2006 01:17 AM

I had the same problem... which one to choose. We are going to hawaii in January. After much thought, I book with the Old Lahaina Luau.
It is the traditional Luau, not as showy but from what I've read, you can't go wrong with it. (Unless you only like the super fancy, then go with the other one)

mizzougypsy October 15th, 2006 11:06 PM

Do yourself a favor and book the Old Lahaina Lu'au. It is much better, in terms of food, production, and crowds.

I've seen both, and heard reaction from guests every single week when they came back.

Scoutdad October 24th, 2006 06:48 PM

Well let me start off by saying I will bet any amount of money that NCL will screw up your plans for the Old Lahania Luau!

We were on the Pride Sept 25 and were notified the day before that they changed the itinary and that our departure from Lahania would be at 7:00 pm not 10:00pm as planned. This does not give you enough time to go to the Luau and get back to the ship by 6:30 as required.

They do this to sucker you into attending their Luau at over $100.00 each. We decided not to do the ships Luau as over 850 passengers were going to attend. This is not the atmosphere that I want!

Scoutdad

Merg55 October 24th, 2006 08:49 PM

I'm so sorry you didn't make your Luau.... what a disappointment.
When we went on the Pride of Ahola, we stayed on the ship that night and had great service in the dining rooms since so many people went to the Luau.

This year when we take the Wind, we are flying into Maui and staying there for 4 days and have reservations at the Old Lan. Luau

Barb Nahoumi January 3rd, 2007 01:05 PM

We are just off of the Pride of Aloha. Friday night, we attended the Paradise Luau, sponsored by NCL and attended by over 700 people.

The food was so so, but the entertainment was superb. I feel that the $98.00 was way too much for what we got.

Barb

Beaudixie January 14th, 2007 10:08 AM

Old Lahaina

We have been to Hawaii 11 times and stayed on 5 islands.
The Old Lahaina Luau is truly the best we have been to. It is more traditional without all the glitz of a mass produced show. It is less crowded than some of the larger shows and the setting is absolutly beautiful. The sunset from the beach location is one you will never forget. Book now if you are even thinking about going. They sell out months in advance.
Have a wonderful time in Hawaii., Aloha

seastar February 11th, 2007 04:06 PM

We will be on the POA when she starts the 10 -11 night itinaries this fall. LOL

We will overnight in Kahulu and Kauai...any suggestions for luaus in these ports :?: We sail from Lahaina at 6pm.

Thanks

NorgeLoki February 20th, 2007 03:18 PM

Luau

I did the Old Lahaina Luau a few years ago with my son. It was great. Its located right on the ocean and they had a Hula Dance competion of about 8 groups. I am not sure if that was a special event, but it was great fun and the setting was beautiful. I highly recommend it.