Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Admiral

Default 2 ships kick the bucket

It was just announced both the Wind and the Crown will be retired at the end of 2007. The Majesty will continue sailing Bermuda from Boston, but tNCL don't intend on adding another ship to Bermuda until a new pier is built. I think Celebrity just made the same decision. Hopefully that will the ball rolling.

I am not surprised about the Wind, but thought when she went the Dream would as well. 8)
NMnita
Old September 20th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Beginner

Ok... Whats wrong with the Dream? I know that it is older... Is it that ba? I am scheduled for a cruise on her 1-27-07.
Old September 20th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by krznkim
Ok... Whats wrong with the Dream? I know that it is older... Is it that ba? I am scheduled for a cruise on her 1-27-07.
Oh, there is nothing really wrong with her, in fact some absolutely love sailing her, the same as many including myself liked the old Sea. I made the remark because the Wind and the Dream are sisters and both were stretched. I always figured when one went the other would. NMnita
Old September 21st, 2006, 09:50 PM
Captain

I've sailed the Dream twice and loved it each time. Of course, my favorite was the Baltic because of her ability to "flip her lid" so that she could traverse the Kiel Canal. I think maybe this unique feature will keep her in the fleet a while. We hope to do that itinerary again, and hopefully she'll still be around.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 08:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Dream and Wind

We sailed on the Dream 3 times and the Wind once. Although we thought the ships were fine, when we went on the Spirit this past June, we saw what a step up this ship was in comparison. I have noticed that most of the ratings show that the Dream and Wind are about 1 star less than ships in the same catagory as the Spirit. We are leaving on 10/22 for a cruise on the Dawn and I hope that it will be even better.
-Jim
Old September 23rd, 2006, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Jim, haven't been on the Dawn, but was on the Jewel, which is a sister. If you are satisfied I will be surprised. The Jewel fits her name perfectly.

NMNita :