Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Passenger

Default mini suites on the Jewel

We havebeen upgraded to a minin suite on the NCL Jewel for the transatlantic crossing. Tell what the additional services are. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Admiral

No Priority boarding - too many AF/AGs

AF-AG Mini-Suites 134
>
>
> Embarkation
> Cut Flower(s) in bud vase
> 1 Fruit Basket*
> 1 Bottle of Spring Water
>
> Bath Amenities (Wessco Botanical)
>
> Conditioning Shampoo (dispenser)
> Hand Soap (Dispenser)
> Bath Gel (dispenser)
> Moisturizing Lotion
> Oatmeal and Almond Soap
> Shower Cap
> Shoe Shine Mitt
>
> Other
>
> Concierge Service
> Bath Robes
> Feather Pillows
> 24 hour room service (Standard Menu)
> Continental Breakfast

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old September 28th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Passenger

THANKS!
Old January 3rd, 2007, 05:00 PM
Passenger

Default Mini Suite Question

Hello,

I am wondering if you have sailed already? If so, how was the mini suite, I am about to sail very soon and would love to hear about the experience.

Also, what does the Concierge Service consist of?

Thanks and I hope you enjoyed your cruise.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 05:20 PM
Passenger

not worth the extra dollars. the only time we got any concierge service was VIP tender tickets ( twice), we needed them once and they were not needed the second time. never saw the concierge just talked to someone on the phone. the cabin location was good but the concierge service was poor and next to non existent. this was our 24th cruise and I would list it in the bottom 5. wouldn't do it again, that sort of summed up the total NCL experience! we have booked a Carnival Cruise for Feb and back to back Celebrity cruises for next Fall. entertainment was good, portions in the main dining rooms were miniscule, three tiny shrimp in the the scampi did not cut it. liked Cagneys, did not like C hin Chin and Mama's, other ala carte restaurants were just okay. do not plan to return to NCL in the near future.
Old January 5th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Passenger

Default Mini Suite Question

Hello Again Willy,

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the suite, and thanks for your input. Do you recall how was the size of the bathroom, i.e. tub, spacing, etc.

Thanks
Old January 5th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Passenger

the bathroom was well laid out.

It was in three sections and each could be closed with a sliding glass panel. The toilet could be closed while some was at the sink. The shower had a sliding door and it was a tub, not a full tub but you could soak some if you needed to. There were dispensers for soap and shampoo but we did get bar soap from the stewards. A num,ber of people compalined that the dispenser soap made your skin dry, I didn'tt notice.

One thing I did notice was that it was a high step into the teb/shower and since I am due for a knee replacement I had to be careful getting in and out of the shower but it was nice not to have a shower curtain stuck to you as you shower like on some ships.

I am six feet and 200 lbs and there was plenty of room.
Old November 7th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Passenger

So even though they say "priority embarkation" you really don't get any priority??

Free Cruise Clocks
Old November 7th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborspringsgirl
So even though they say "priority embarkation" you really don't get any priority??
It does not say priorty embarkation and you don't get it. VIP tender tickets are not included either but some have beenable to get them from the concierge before they removed concierge service as a Mini Suite perk. They are at this time really Deluxe Balcony cabins. Larger with a tub. You do get robes however

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old November 7th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Passenger

Our cruise on Carnival was much better than NCL. Much better food ( selection, quality, quantity and presentation made NCL look like a fast food chain). The anytime principal is a good idea but your waiter never gets to know your likes and dislikes so you have to ask each time. Drinks were the weakest I have had anywhere, inclding local taverns and the most overpriced, I actually watched at the bar as the bartender made a Jack Daniels and water. he put a single shot in 6 or 8 ounce glass and filled it with ice and water. Not my iea of a decent drink, about halfway through the cruise I stopped ordering drinks for myself and drank diet coke, they couldn't tamper with th e can. Overall, the best thing I can say for NCL is they had good entetainment and the ship was new.
Old November 7th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Paul
Our cruise on Carnival was much better than NCL. Much better food ( selection, quality, quantity and presentation made NCL look like a fast food chain). The anytime principal is a good idea but your waiter never gets to know your likes and dislikes so you have to ask each time. Drinks were the weakest I have had anywhere, inclding local taverns and the most overpriced, I actually watched at the bar as the bartender made a Jack Daniels and water. he put a single shot in 6 or 8 ounce glass and filled it with ice and water. Not my iea of a decent drink, about halfway through the cruise I stopped ordering drinks for myself and drank diet coke, they couldn't tamper with th e can. Overall, the best thing I can say for NCL is they had good entetainment and the ship was new.
Let me know what fast food chain you eat at. From My Gem cruise in Oct.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old November 7th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Passenger

there was noting that looked like that in the dning room. In Cagney's Steakhouse there was @$25.00 per person.