Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2006, 06:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default BLUE LAGOON FOOD

In a previous thread I had noted how the "Buffalo-Styled" Chicken Wings in the Blue Lagoon Cafe were good but did not really have a Buffalo Styled hot sauce.

I just got back from a week on the Dawn and I am pleased to note that The Blue Lagoon has changed their recipe and the new sauce is much better and is truly a Buffalo Styled hot sauce. They were terrific!

One other change is that instead of serving 3 wings per plate, they now serve in multiples of 4. If you want more just ask for 2 or 3 orders and have them put them all on one plate. This is how most of the people were ordering them.

The other dishes were very good too including the potato skins and fish and chips.

-Jim
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2006, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Jim,

how was the cruise overall? I am glad the wings were more to what is considered true Buffalo style. I wouldn't know the difference. Were they quite spicey and hot or what? To me the hotter, the better, but not everyone agrees as you know.
Again, wecome back and fill us in.

Nita
Old October 31st, 2006, 09:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Nita,
I haven't had the time yet to do a full review but it was a very nice cruise and I had very little that I did not like about the ship or the service.

I took a first-time NCL cruiser with me and the comments back to me were that the ship was clean, attractive and the value was hard to match let alone beat. My friend is a self-certified "neat-freak" so I was impressed with his opinions. I don't like to thought of as a "company spokesman" or anything but I guess I am a little bit easier to please than most cruisers but when you have been an assistant Boy Scout leader and slept outside in a tent in 30 degree weather eating beans and cold sandwiches for a week, you tend to look at a cruise as heaven on earth.

Take a look at some of the short messages I have left on this board and I promise to write a full review later. I saved all of the "Freestyle Daily's" and I will use them to organize my review.

I get a bit long winded so be prepared.
-jim