Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2006, 05:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cabin question on Spirit

Hi all,

My wife and I are booked on the Spirit for May '07 in the aft cabin 9210. Recently my mother-in-law and aunt have decided to join us on the cruise. Our TA told us she could get them an inside cabin, right across the hall from our Suite. Sounds like a good idea. However, in looking at the deck plans, we noticed the cabin in question, 9207, is an odd shape and size, sort of appearing larger than the others. Is the deck plan misleading or is this cabin actually larger than the other inside cabins? Anyone have any specific knowledge of these odd-shaped aft inner cabins on the Spirit?

Thanks in advance.

Tim
Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2006, 02:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi, I took a look at the NCL website and specifically your cabin numbers. I think that the perceived difference in the size of the room is due is due to the different configuration of the rooms. Your cabin has a balcony and is long and narrow. The room on the inside is more "square" than yours but if your look at the actual square footage of usable space, I would not be surprised if they are very similar. This is done to maximize the amount of outside, balcony cabins that they can fit in the perimeter of the ship and as for the inside cabin, the size is probably a function of the space behind the cabin that is used for crew, kitchen space or other functional areas of the ship.
-Jim
Old November 23rd, 2006, 08:40 PM
Beginner

this cabin (9207) is bigger(190sf) then the average(149sf) inside cabin. there are a few on this ship that are bigger, we reserved 6035 for our cruise in june and since we will have 4 in the room, we were happy to find one with more square footage. you can check the size of any room on the ship with this link https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/s...9207&SC=SPIRIT

Angel
ncl majesty 9/06
ncl spirit 6/07