Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2006, 08:02 PM
Passenger

Default NCL Customer relations

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a response from NCL customer relations Dept?

I sent them a letter over two weeks ago (certified and return reciept which they signed for) and have not recieved a response.

We had a terriable cruise on the Pride of Hawaii and gave them details of our cruise from hell!

It appears they could not care less as they have yet to respond.

I would like to suggest to all considering the NCL Pride of Hawaii to make other arrangements.

NCL is not the way to go.

Scoutdad
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2006, 07:55 AM
Admiral

your posting explains pretty well why you haven't heard from them and quite frankly may not.

Companies usually want to please clients in hopes of repeat business, to say everything was awful indicates you wouldn't returrn. You have just said that on this board, why would NCL try? They know you are lost as a customer. Cruiselines, like other companies are not in the habit of giving refunds and if thinkgs were as bad as you cliam a credit wouldn't be much help.

NMNIta
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

The cruise lines often take 4-6 weeks to respond to letters. But-- as NMita suggests, if the letter was a rant about how bad things were, you may not get the results you're looking for.

For best results a balance letter, clearly and concisely explaining the problems you encountered and suggesting what remedy might make you happy, is the best approach...... and will often lead to some form of compensation offer.

Unless your ship sunk, or was unable to sail for some strange reason, don't expect a refund.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:04 PM
Passenger

I would think that ANY company that deals in customer satisfaction and has an extensive customer relations department would AT LEAST respond to your letter. Whether you asked for a refund or a credit is not the point. A RESPONSE is what you are looking for, even an apology. Any bull crap excuse is better than nothing. If you had a TERRIBLE time for what ever reason, a nice form letter suggesting "they will look into it" would be the PROPER thing to do. This is not like a dry cleaner where your unhappy with their quality. You spent many thousands of dollars and DESERVE AT LEAST A RESPONSE....
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:35 PM
Passenger

I have never had a problem with NCL until a billing problem this year where they charged the wrong credit card and months later I am still getting the run around. NCL should send you a letter at least acknowledging your complaints. When complaining you should always try to balance the good with bad.
Old November 1st, 2006, 05:14 PM
Admiral

steve, you are right about getting your porblem cleared up, as for the OP, lets' face it, what might seem right to most of us isn't the way majore companies handle blasting type of complaints. They know even a letter saying I am sorry won't be enough and beleive it or not these letters don't really hurt business tha much.

I was a manager for many years in the guest services, better known as customer service dept for a major hotel chilan. I might add, one of the best with a very good reputation. We got complaint letters and phone calls constantly. The ones that were legit and we could help we bent over backyards for; others we might send a letter, but more than likely we could do nothing to please them: example: I thought the food woudl be much better in the dining room at xxx hotel in xxx place and the house keeping took to long to clean our rooms. We want something from you. NOT!!!! or one of the best, we booked 1 week in an ocean front room but it rained everyday, we couldn't even see the water. We feel we should not have to pay for an ovean view room when we didn't really get to see the ocean. I could go on and on.. I could go on and on. I guess this is why I can see the other side of the coin so often. I am not defending as much as being honest about how things work. NMNita :o
Old November 2nd, 2006, 12:26 PM
Admiral

Default Complaints

:evil: After our cruise on 9/10 on the Majesty where we personally told the Lattitudes person and the officer in charge of Restaurant/Hotel Manager nicely I might add. I honestly didn't feel a letter to NCL would do any good...so I posted on the internet.. A few weeils later I called the Lattitudes Complaint Line...some man in Arizona.. who had only been on the job for a week..lol.. He took all the information nicely, but I haven't heard siince..and don't expect to..
Old November 2nd, 2006, 01:27 PM
Admiral

May I suggest you follow up with another letter. Also use the phone. In our case, we were initially brushed off, but I held my ground and ended up with a very senior person in the complaint department. I disagree that letters do not matter. My expierience has been that they do matter. It is important though to write a neat letter that is balanced saying the good and bad. You need dates and times and descriptions of persons names and so on. On the phone you must be firm but always polite. In the end, our complaint process did work, they apologized for the lenghth of time and the initial treatment and gave us a very decent compensation.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 05:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfthuis
May I suggest you follow up with another letter. Also use the phone. In our case, we were initially brushed off, but I held my ground and ended up with a very senior person in the complaint department. I disagree that letters do not matter. My expierience has been that they do matter. It is important though to write a neat letter that is balanced saying the good and bad. You need dates and times and descriptions of persons names and so on. On the phone you must be firm but always polite. In the end, our complaint process did work, they apologized for the lenghth of time and the initial treatment and gave us a very decent compensation.
I think you may have misunderstood what many of us are saying about letters: of course they can work, but only if, as you said, they are balanced. The OP, from his remarks most likely did not write or intend on writing a balanced letter. As I mentioned, companies do want to retain their customers, this could be anything from the neighborhood cleaners to the Caribbean resort and everything inbetween, but if it is obvious this can not be done or if the complaints are so far out that responding is useless most companies will not bother. Thruthfully, if I have a serious complaint, or one I beleive to be worthy of a response and I get a form letter which says, gee, we are sorry, but oh well, I would rather not even get a response.

Again, you are correct, letters can work and hopefully do. NMNita
Old November 2nd, 2006, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Default Letters

Yes, could have written a letter to the CEO...but I already wrote strong comments in our "comment card" and with the "hotel/restaurant manager" and the Lattitudes Director who I doubt could care less.....Nita,I don't know if it's ever been discussed, but do you believe that some of "the powers to be" possibly read the "boards"... I do know that the resort we go to in the D.R. there are at least THREE boards that are read faithfully by Management...AND if you are there and you make a suggestion.. (something as simple as putting rice in a salt shaker) it will be done ASAP.. Not only that...management is NOT hidden behind locked doors but walks around daily talking to guests., eating with guests, and being available to any guest to listen to complaints...That;s why I;m going back to my favorite resort for the FIFTH time.. After 14 times on NCL....and 11 times (pre and post NCL take over)...I realize that the majority of interested cruisers read the "boards"... and maybe, just maybe somebody from NCL does too.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:17 PM
Passenger

The letter that I wrote to NCL spelled out the good and the bad. It was very detailed including dates staff names etc. What I am looking for is at least some type of responce from their customer relations Dept.

Scoutdad
Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:24 PM
Admiral

Hi Scoutdad,

I'm sorry to hear that you had problems on your cruise. I'd give them at least 4 to 6 weeks for a reply. Many people write to either praise or d*mn their cruises and it takes a while for the CS people to respond.

Since you wrote a "reasonable" letter, you'll probably hear from them.

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014