Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Beginner

Default Weather out of NYC in May

I am concerned about the weather leaving from NYC. We are planning on cruising the Dawn on May 12 and I wanted to know if anyone knows when the weather is warm enough to use the pool. My thinking is leaving on a Sat at 4 it might be Monday before it's warm enough. Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am from NJ across from the Piers,The weather that time of the years around here is in the low 70s,but the water temp may be in the low 60s and the water in the pool comes from the ocean before they come up the harbor.I am not sure if they heat the pool.
Old November 20th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

The above poster is correct, May is finicky in New England. (I'm in Connecticut) We'll either have really good warm weather (60's) or its going to constantly rain & be chilly. May is the rainy season for New England.

It's also the time period alot of people get sick because of the drastic temperature changes as we bounce between winter/spring. Just before your cruise, start upping your Vitamin C to build up your immune system.

I can't speak for the pool, but someone should post something on whether its heated or not.
Old December 11th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to JCAS5599
Default MAY 07 CRUISE

HI,
I AM GOING ON THAT CRUISE IN MAY 07 FROM NYC ON THE DAWN TO THE BAHAMAS & BERMUDA. I BELIEVE WE ARE ON THE SAME TRIP.....
SO, NOW YOU KNOW SOMEONE ALREADY!!!!

WE SHOULD TALK.
JENN
Old March 15th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to JCAS5599
Default HEY!

ARE YOU STILL PLANNING THE CRUISE OUT OF NYC ON 5/12?
I CANNOT WAIT! I AM TRYING TO GET UPGRADED AT THE MOMENT. I KNOW IT'S NOT CHEAPER, BUT AFTER PAYING FOR MY TRIP LAST YEAR, NOW IT'S STARTING TO LOOK GOOD!

IF YOU ARE STILL PLANNING ON GOING - DROP ME A LINE!
Old March 18th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to NocturnalArcadia
Default Dawn May 19th

This will be my second MAY cruise w/my wife. First one was MAY 04. The pool will be a bit chilly day one, but all should be well after...
Old March 30th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Familiar Face

We went on the spirit last june and the first day we had rain. But it didn't matter because the remainder of the week was great. We are going again this june and I'm bringing (ONE) long sleeve shirt or a wind breaker. It was breezy the first day and the morning we pulled into dock. Otherwise gorgeous. Have a great time. quincy
rccl explorer 2007