Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Beginner

Default Cruise out of N.Y. In Winter?

Cruising Out of N.Y. In FEB to Carib How rough will the sea be?
Has anyone been on The NCL SPIRIT This time of year?
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Admiral

We sailed the Spirit this past March and it was plenty cold the day we left but by the middle of the next day you started to see people in shorts and the kids were in the pool. The seas were not too rough on the trip south, but on the way back north it was. We rocked and rolled through that last night. But it seems as though it is inevitable with all the cruises we've been on, its either rough going out or coming back and you just brace yourself and sooner than later it ends. No biggie. If you're prone to motion sickness take your meds and all will be well.
Old December 9th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Beginner

My family took to Dawn out of NY last Christmas. We had the smoothest sailing I have ever had. ( I am a boater from LI) We had such a fabulous time, we are going on the Spirit on 12/21. Dont hesitate, it will be great. You have about 24 hours of very cool weather.......
Old December 11th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Passenger

Hey Dan

Sailed on the spirit Feb 06. The seas were remarkably calm heading south. We did have some rough seas heading home, but nothing really bad. The weather that time of year is perfect in the Caribbean. And, the seas there were flat as glass. Just be aware that the decks will freeze when they get wet. The staff on board made sure to keep us all off the decks on our last night. hope this helps
NCL Spirit 2006
NCL Dawn 2007
Explorer of the seas
Old December 16th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Beginner

My family and I went on what is affectionately now known as the Blizzard Cruise. We left on the Dawn on 2/12/06. Yes, the ship was delayed coming back into NY. So we lost a day of stopping at their island. We noticed the ocean was a little rough on our way back to NY. How often is 26 inches of snow going to hit NY on the day of your cruise? Who knows? I would still book it. Have a great time