Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Beginner

Default Fun for "young" 18 yr old on Jewel?

I am planning a family vacation for our family this spring on the jewel and I am worried that our 18 year old daughter (who would normally want to be involved in the teen activities) may be too old to be included in the kids stuff, but too young to do the grown up stuff. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Fun for "young" 18 yr old on Jewel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah413
I am planning a family vacation for our family this spring on the jewel and I am worried that our 18 year old daughter (who would normally want to be involved in the teen activities) may be too old to be included in the kids stuff, but too young to do the grown up stuff. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!
Sarah, unfortunitely you are a little to right. This doesn't mean she can't have a good time: our granddaughter went on a cruise just before her 18th BD and just wasn't interested in the teen program, then she went on one a little over a year ago at 19. Both times she did have fun, but did feel like the inbetween young person. I think it would be great if cruise lines would try a program for those who are not old enough to drink, party etc but too old for the high school group. there are lots of kids in that catagory.

I would suggest she get on this and maybe CC boards in advance of cruising to see if she can meet others in her age group. What is the possibility of her bringing a friend along?

Even though she may be at an in-between age she can still have fun. By the time she does shore excursions, works on that sun tan, maybe does a spa treatment and enjoys the nightly entertainment her day can be pretty busy. NMNita
Old January 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sarah413, thats an interesting question to me. We are sailing on Spirit on May and our daughter, who will have just turned 19 will be with us. She has cruised with us in the past, but each time we have cruised with friends who also have 2 daughters about the same age. So, of course they got along fine.

On this cruise, she will be the only teen in our group of seven people. She was hoping to bring along her best friend, but she was not able to go. Now she is unsure if she even wants to go. I keep telling her it will be nice to have her spend a week hanging out with mom and dad, since she will had been away at college all winter. All I got in response was:

Oh well, she does enjoy sunbathing, working out and spa stuff. I think she might be able to find something to keep her busy. Hopefully she wont be too bored. I'm sure she'll be on the lookout for any guys around her age.

Tim

Western Caribbean - Holland America Westerdam

Alaska Explorer - Holland America Westerdam