Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Upgrades and Onboard Credits offered by NCL

Has anyone had any success in getting the Freestyle Resolution Sales Event upgrades or OB credits applied for previously booked cruises? We booked a May cruise back in November and I'd like to get the OB credit, if possible. Just curious if any one has tried it before I bother my TA. I dont see anything in the terms and conditions that says previous bookings are exempt. But, then again, I'm not very good at reading fine print.

Curious Tim

Details: http://www.freestyle07.com/OfferDetails.aspx

Western Caribbean - Holland America Westerdam

Alaska Explorer - Holland America Westerdam
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Passenger

Jaggy,

Thanks for pointing this out, I had not idea that NCL was offering OB credit. I have printed the url page to take with us on our ucpcoming cruise to verfiy what if any credit we may be receiving. I will post a resposne once return to let you know how it turned out!

If you find out any more information I would love to read about it!

Thanks 8)
Old January 6th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Passenger

I asked and got told that it was only good for new bookings... I couldnt get it
Old January 10th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Passenger

Most of the time, these are special promos and the OBC's are offered for new bookings only - it's very doubtful that NCL would honor a new promotion for "old" bookings.
Old January 11th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Admiral

They have covered all the bases and are not passing the credits on to previously booked cruises. I ran the numbers and it didn't make sense in our case to cancel and rebook since the price of our cruise is about $150 per person higher now than when we booked. So I am pretty pleased with our deal and don't really mind if they want to offer folks a little OBC, considering they are paying quite a bit more for their cruise than I am.
Old January 11th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the replys. Sounds like we're out of luck on this one. Oh well, like beenie weenie, we're pretty happy with the fare we received when we booked it several months ago. That OBC would have been nice for some dinners in the specialty restaurants, but such is life. $150 certainly isnt going to make or break the cruise and no way am I cancelling and rebooking.

Thanks again, Tim

Western Caribbean - Holland America Westerdam

Alaska Explorer - Holland America Westerdam